Southeast Asia forum

3 weeks Thailand/Indochina - entry/exit Bangkok

• davetherave

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Hi, it's my first posting time on this forum, and I can already see there is a wealth of experience and good advice out there. Hopefully you'll be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm planning a 3 week trip with the only constraint at the moment that it begins and ends in Bangkok. The trip is a honeymoon, although this does not mean we just want to spend 3 weeks on a beach (we live in Spain, so beaches are not in short supply).

My initial thought was Bangkok, Laos, Northern Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok (possibly a short beach stay at the end of the trip), but having seen advice from BruceMoon and others about not trying to pack in too much, slow down and experience, I'd like some guidance on feasible, "experiential" trips.

Possible highlights to fit in: Ha Long, and the train to Sapa, and Angkor Wat. So do you have any ideas about possible routes? If we had to reduce to only two countries, which would they be?

#1 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 04:05

• Advertisement

• davetherave

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009

Ooops, forgot to mention, we are looking at starting around 15th Jan 2010, in case the weather influences the options...

#2 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 04:12

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Dave

Elsewhere I've indicated...

Plan for a week in a region/city/etc. Plan for one big city and two more rural (or non-urban) areas.

For me, stay in Thailand. As a honeymoon destination, you'll be joining countless others.

While beaches may not be your first attraction, there are plenty of island locations with (some) beach, snorkelling, fishing, etc., etc. As a honeymoon destination to just be the two of you without the hassle of a mad throng of people going about their business, I suggest you and your partner may find the location worth pursuing.

Clearly, Bangkok is a buzz. For a week (or so), there are a host of options in and around the city.

Perhaps a visit to the north may provide a balance and contrast.

When you explore your plans further, you might like to share them here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 05:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
7 Weeks = Indochina and Thailand, or should we cut Vietnam out of the plan? ... By Banana17 on 27 Nov 2011 7 1899 12 Jan 2012
Indochina for 6 weeks ... By julesie on 28 Jul 2006 2 2100 3 Aug 2006