Southeast Asia forum

flying Vientiane-Kualu Lumpur-HCMC for budget reasons-via needed?

• Seba

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2009

Hi guys,

I'm looking into the option of flying with Air Asia from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur and then directly to HCMC the same day. Logistically maybe quite strange, but much cheaper than flying with Vietnam Airlines directly from Vientiane to HCMC (=about 2x as expensive). Now my quesiton is: would I need any visum to do this transfer? And would it be ok luggage wise?

#1 Posted: 5/10/2009 - 02:43

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

This will be treated as two seperate flights by Air Asia - so you will need to retieve your bags at LCCT, then check in for the flight to HCMC. You will be entering Malaysia, so if you are from a country that needs a visa, then this will apply... You will also need a visa for arrival in HCMC of course...

#2 Posted: 5/10/2009 - 03:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
when leave Phu Quoc to HCMC / flying out of HCMC ... By gromi1705 on 24 Jul 2008 1 1900 16 Aug 2008
Flying in to Vientiane and out again ... By ejwilson22 on 3 Mar 2009 2 1627 3 Mar 2009
Kuala lumpur to Vientiane or Luang Prabang ... By earthian on 11 Mar 2008 2 5556 12 Mar 2008
flying from Vientiane to the islands ... By scootypaul on 11 Dec 2006 3 1479 12 Dec 2006