Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Hong Kong to Laos over chinese new year any ideas where to go.

Posted by byrochap on 23/10/2009 at 10:49

My boyfriend and i are travelling back from a year in New Zealand in Feb,our flight goes through HongKong, and we are thinking we are not too keen on going straight home so thought we would travel overland down to Thailand to meet friends. We have been to Thailand a couple of time before but have no idea about getting from Hong Kong to Laos so wondered if any body had any advice? we are travelling on a budget so not looking for pricy places but would really like to see the cultural side of china, looking at a map there is not alot of
china to travel through to get to Laos but has any body got any must do's?
Also it wll be around the Chinese new year which i am sure will be really good but also mega busy so wondered if any body knew of a good place to spend it in the south of china?

Any ideas/info any body could give us would be much appreciated.

#1 byrochap has been a member since 23/10/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/10/2009 at 13:44 admin

I can't help on going overland, but if you're still considering flying, take a look at AirAsia flights from HK to Kuala Lumpur and then back into Laos -- it's a long way, but quite affordable.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by byrochap on 25/10/2009 at 04:47

thanks but we would really like to stay in china as never been there before and would like to take the opportunity to see wit whilst we are so close.
Thanks for the air asia tip though as we have now got a very cheap flight home from thailand :)

#3 byrochap has been a member since 23/10/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.