Southeast Asia forum

Advice about the weather and the four countries

• RachelW

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2009

Hello,

Am planning on going to travel the "four countries" from March next year for 6 months.

I had orginally planned to get a flight into Bangkok (because the flights are cheapest!) then go through Laos for a month (April), Vietnam for 2 months (May- June), Cambodia for a month (July), and then the around August spend the rest of the time doing the Thai Islands.

But having looked at the weather it wil be scoring hot in Laos and raining in Cambodia!. Then I thought i could do it the other way and go through Cambodia up Vietnam then to Laos. But it will be boiling in Cambodia in April too.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to do it, i really wanted to do it in a circuit so I wouldn't be going back on myself at all.

Thanks very much for your help!

#1 Posted: 18/11/2009 - 18:53

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Rachel,

You'll hit the heat regardless of which way you go!

If you want to see the Cambodian beaches, then I'd go there before Vietnam rather than after as by July the coastal weather there can be pretty awful.

Laos isn't bad in the wet -- slower going, but the rivers are higher and more spectacular. so my advice would be to do it counter-clockwise -- ie Thailand Cambodia Vietnam Laos Thailand.

August on the east coast of Ko Tao is brilliant.

Have fun!

#2 Posted: 19/11/2009 - 10:10

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

My neighbour just returned from Cambodia last week (mid November) and he said that it was 40degC while he was there working. Six of their staff (construction) collapsed with heat exhaustion. However, the staff who were working in northern Laos and Vietnam had to go out and buy jackets as it was so cold. Weird.....

#3 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 14:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.