Southeast Asia forum

Help please!! Route needed.

• nips2689

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

Hi, I wondered whether anyone can help me, I'm flying out to Bangkok on 2nd April, and have no idea what route to take at all!
    Someone please help!
    I want to do Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and islands.

#1 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 04:40

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

Have a look here first:
    http://www.travelfish.org/itineraries
    for some ideas.

When you have a rough idea, maybe ask some more specific questions and you'll get lots of ideas. Or at least tell what your interests are and how much time you have.

#2 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 06:07

• nips2689

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

Thanks for you help...
    So far this is the route i have

Bangkok – samut songkhram – phetchaburi – hua hin – prachuap khiri khan – Bang Saphan Yai - chumphon – ko tao – ko pha ngan – ko samui – chaiya – surat thani – nakhon si thammarat – phatthalung – songkhla – pattani - narathiwat – kota bharu – sungai kolok – yala – hat yai – phatthalung – trang – krabi – ko lanta – ko phi phi – phuket – FLY TO KUALA LUMPUR –

After we have been to Malaysia Im thinking of doing north thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - back to thailand.
    We dont have aset time that were going for were thinking about 6 months..

Any help? Places i have missed out so far?

#3 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 02:46

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

You can take the single-line train from Wong Wian Yai Station in Thonburi (across the river from Bangkok) to Samut Sakhon (Mahachai), check out the seafood markets and have an excellent seafood lunch, then cross the river (by pedestrian ferry ... 2 baht) and catch the train again for Samut Songkhram. It's a really nice trip through the salt fields, and a much, much better way of getting to Samut Songkhram than by bus from Bangkok.

If you're in the area of Hua Hin, I'd try to get to Khao Sam Roi Yot. Very interesting and beautiful place.

Don't forget that you will only be issued a 15-day visa on arrival when you come back into Thailand from Malaysia.

#4 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 04:11

• nips2689

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

Thanks! we are applying for a tripple visa 3 x 60 day visas aslong as theyre used within the 6months.. does that not apply if you travel from malaysia to thailand?

#5 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 04:40

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

You'll be fine.

#6 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 07:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.