Southeast Asia forum

4 month VERY general SE Asia Itinerary

• jmcentee

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010

I have just started on my SE Asia trip, but have very little planned as I left Australia just before my visa expired and didn't have much time to prepare. I am hoping to travel to Indo, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (?), and Malaysia. I am currently in Bali and am happy to stay here a few days while I enjoy some reading of my LP and fill in some holes on my itinerary.
    So far...

Indonesia: Bali, Lombok, Java
    I booked an ongoing ticket on AirAsia to Kushing in Borneo as I couldn't find a flight from Indo to the Phillipines. I hadn't been sure about Borneo, but now that I have a ticket there I am more and more curious to see it. From Malaysian Borneo (maybe Sabah after seeing Sarawak), to Singapore for better options to get to the Phillipines, flying into Manila and out of Cebu.
    Fly to Bangkok to start the Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and maybe Vietnam adventure. Since Southern Laos will be quite hot by the time I get there, I will probably fly from Vientiane to Phnom Penh and skip crossing the border by land. Lastly, I would like to see some of the islands off Peninsular Malaysia, particiluarly the Perhentian Islands, so I will go there last as the monsoon season will be sure to be over by then. Fly back to the United States from Kuala Lumpur. I will miss out on Myanmar, but in an effort not to make my time too short in each place, I will have to save it for another time.

Please give me any advice that you have. This is obviously my first time in SE Asia. As I am trying to be flexible and not plan too much, I do not want a dated itinerary, but would like to be sure I can get to each of these destinations. Thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

#1 Posted: 6/1/2010 - 14:03

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
5 Month SEA General Itinerary Advice ... By TravelMoo on 3 Jul 2014 7 557 9 Jul 2014
Help! My 1 month SE Asia itinerary ... By nikochoi on 18 Apr 2013 5 3114 22 May 2013
2 Month SE Asia Itinerary- Possible? ... By squirk on 9 Nov 2010 3 5294 15 Apr 2011
Cookie Cutter 3 Month SE Asia Itinerary ... By casey_r19 on 20 May 2014 2 382 20 May 2014
SEA 3-month trip: general + specific (+any other type of) advice, please ... By Brecht on 7 Feb 2011 6 2931 12 Feb 2011