Southeast Asia forum

SE Asia in March or late April->May

• George_S

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2009

Hi there,

I will be travelling to SE Asia some time between March and June but would like some advice about the weather. The original plan was to spend five weeks in the region from March 3rd onwards before moving on to Australia and NZ.

However, I'm beginning to think (if it's possible with flights) to switch our itinerary around a bit to accommodate better weather in both regions - spending March - April in NZ Australia and May in SE Asia.

Considering how hot and dusty it can get in SE Asia in March/April, would the last week of April through to the end of May (therefore taking in the early part of the rainy season) be a better time to be there?

Our rough itinerary might look something like Bangkok->Siem Reap->Phnom Penh->Kampot->Phu Quoc->Ho Chi Minh->Hanoi->Vientaine->VV->Huay Xai->Bangkok
    Although with only five weeks this is subject to being cut.

I appreciate it's difficult to generalise weather patterns for the whole region (and there's plenty of weather info out there) but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    George

#1 Posted: 7/1/2010 - 19:05

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos in late March/early April ... By Orbital on 14 Mar 2006 1 2745 15 Mar 2006
Bkk to SIem Reap / Angkor Wat in late march or april? ... By wanderlust on 12 Mar 2010 1 1897 12 Mar 2010
Best itinerary SE Asia March-April? ... By Deanglow on 5 Feb 2010 0 3148 5 Feb 2010