Southeast Asia forum

How many can stay in bungalow?

• incubusftw

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2010

Hi :)
    After using this website for months to plan for my first trip outside Europe *gulp* I still don't know what it means on here when it just says "bungalow". i.e does it have single beds or doubles generally? Also, if it is big enough for two, and two stay in it do you pay double the price quoted on here?
    Thanks in advance, Mike.

#1 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 08:07

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Well, where I live in Thailand, Bungalows usually have a one queen or king sized bed. That's because they are usually used for short time.

So how many girls can you get into one? I don't know, maybe eight or nine.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 09:46

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi mike,

usually a bungalow is a free-standing, hut-like structure. they are often on some kind of a raised platform, and also often have a deck or veranda or porch or something like that attached. sometimes they are made of natural materials, like palm thatch, but recently they are more often made of more durable, man-made materials. they'll usually have a bathroom attached, but not always. the word bungalow is typically associated with rooms along a beach front or around a garden area.

sometimes bungalows have two single beds, but in my experience they are usually a queen- or king-sized sleeping area (raised platform with a mattress or sometimes even just a mattress on the floor). i'd say at least 9 out of 10 times a bungalow is about the right size for two people and their stuff.

also, almost always a room price quote in places like thailand is for two people (double room - two people one bed; twin room - two people two beds) although occassionally you can get a single room for a slightly cheaper single rate. hope that helps.

good on ya for venturing over to southeast asia on this trip. i think you'll find that it is fairly easy to get around and figure things out. most of us have a pretty great time and wind up going back again and again and again. have fun. cheers.

#3 Posted: 21/2/2010 - 11:26

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

It depends on the bungalow! Cheap ones usually have a double bed-sized sleeping platform (more of a mat than a mattress) that takes up most of the space. The price quoted will be for 2 people. Of course, there's upmarket bungalows now with air-con, TV, and real beds (2 twin beds, family bungalows with 1 queen and 1 single, etc.).

#4 Posted: 21/2/2010 - 20:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.