Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Solo beach break over Xmas/NYE--Lombok/Gilis?

• missmck

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010

Hi all~

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip over Christmas/NYE this year, for about 2 weeks. I really just want a place to unwind and let my hair down a bit--lay on a beautiful beache/exploring/snorkeling during the day and enough of a 'scene' at night to keep me from being lonely without being outrageous or requiring anything other than flip-flops. I don't need fancy accommodation, but would prefer some sort of bungalow versus a junky hotel room. BTW, I'm 28 y/o female, likely traveling alone.

So, I've done the west coast of the Thailand islands (twice) and loved Ko Phangan more than life itself, but am looking to branch out a bit and experience a new culture. I think Indo might be it. Bali seems like it might be a bit too touristy for me, so I'm currently thinking Lombok/Gili Islands might be right...

It's so tough to find quality info online so I'm hoping someone can help. Am considering doing an 8-day trip with Intrepid through Lombok and then taking 5 or 6 days to go to the Gilis or just relax.

Does this sound reasonable or will I be disappointed? Am also considering Boracay or elsewhere in Philippines as well...

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/3/2010 - 19:48

• Advertisement

• heaveho

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2011

hi missmck, how did you go with your trip in the end. I am planning a similiar thing for July and wanted to get some tips
    thanks!

#2 Posted: 15/4/2011 - 12:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lombok/Gilis and Bali in September until 3.10 , travel buddies are welcome! ... By catweazle on 5 Aug 2013 1 1134 16 Aug 2013
Vietnam Beach Break ... By downundergal on 9 Dec 2007 3 2445 12 Dec 2007
Snorkeling/beach time in Bali: Pemuteran vs. Gilis? ... By mattgrieger on 20 Dec 2012 2 2170 21 Dec 2012
Week's beach break: Koh Samet or Koh Chang? ... By lissie45 on 24 Sep 2012 5 5115 1 Oct 2012
Lodging Review-The Spot, Kuta Beach, Lombok ... By Wandering_man on 22 Nov 2010 4 4314 6 Jul 2012
Gotta go to Bkk for Xmas, anyone want my beachfront bungalow Sunset beach Ko Phangan ... By kiwigazza on 19 Dec 2011 1 894 22 Dec 2011