Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Going to Australia

Posted by worldcitizen999 on 5/9/2010 at 12:23

hello. my name is jimmy, i am 22, and i live in China, Beijing, i am planning on go to Thailand and then Malaysia and Bali and Australia, so my problem is that i want to go from SE Asia to Australia without flying mainly because i have a lot of time but not alot of money, so i am can either go from Bali to Dampier or i can go to Torres Strait and island hopping make my way down to queensland, i kinda perfer the second way(because i've got no clue how to cross those islands) Actually i can leave at any place in SE asia ,but doesn't matter which one i'll have to have a boat or a catamaran or anything at all to help me get there and if you are planning something similar please let me know, i am willing to share the expenses and i would love to help out with anything i can even rent you ship, anyway i can be in Thailand or malaysia from mid Dec 2010 to early march 2011, so let me know and thanks for reading

#1 worldcitizen999 has been a member since 5/9/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by 5acrefarmer on 5/9/2010 at 18:53

Difficult, time consuming and expensive even for a tough experienced traveller. Keep it easy and fun and cheap, fly from Bali.

#2 5acrefarmer has been a member since 10/6/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 61
 Website 

Posted by 40PlusTraveler on 3/10/2010 at 20:54

2nds to that. You should be able to get from Bali to Australia for around $150, if you book well in advance. Try AirAsia & Jetstar

#3 40PlusTraveler has been a member since 29/9/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 8
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.