Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Going to Australia

• worldcitize-
    n999

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2010

hello. my name is jimmy, i am 22, and i live in China, Beijing, i am planning on go to Thailand and then Malaysia and Bali and Australia, so my problem is that i want to go from SE Asia to Australia without flying mainly because i have a lot of time but not alot of money, so i am can either go from Bali to Dampier or i can go to Torres Strait and island hopping make my way down to queensland, i kinda perfer the second way(because i've got no clue how to cross those islands) Actually i can leave at any place in SE asia ,but doesn't matter which one i'll have to have a boat or a catamaran or anything at all to help me get there and if you are planning something similar please let me know, i am willing to share the expenses and i would love to help out with anything i can even rent you ship, anyway i can be in Thailand or malaysia from mid Dec 2010 to early march 2011, so let me know and thanks for reading

#1 Posted: 5/9/2010 - 12:23

• Advertisement

• 5acrefarmer

Click here to learn more about 5acrefarmer
    Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2009
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

Difficult, time consuming and expensive even for a tough experienced traveller. Keep it easy and fun and cheap, fly from Bali.

#2 Posted: 5/9/2010 - 18:53

• 40PlusTrave-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2010
    Location Australia

2nds to that. You should be able to get from Bali to Australia for around $150, if you book well in advance. Try AirAsia & Jetstar

#3 Posted: 3/10/2010 - 20:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.