Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Short term rentals in Bali/Lombok

• crofty

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2010

My girlfriend and I are trying to find information on short term rentals in Indonesia.

We are slightly flexible on dates but these are the period we are interested in is:

Start November - Mid December 2010 (5-6 weeks)

Our requirements are:
    - The rental place needs to have internet access.
    - The rent should not exceed USD$250 per week.
    - Ideally we don't want to be too far from a beach, although this doesn't matter too much.

I am a web developer and I need reliable access to the internet. Also, paying by the MB isn't very appealing, are all places like that in Bali?

Questions
    - Does anyone have any advice re: finding short term rentals in Bali?
    - Any more suggestions on areas that meet the requirements?
    - Is our budget enough?

Thanks a lot

#1 Posted: 17/10/2010 - 23:43

• Advertisement

• Uwik

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2010

Hi...I am Uwik and I stay in Bali. I have a house in here with 3 rooms but I just used 1 room and still have 1 room free. I rent out my house as a home stay, if U want you can contact me for the room. I have hot and cold water, AC and free wii fii and my house is in a quiet area but not far from main area. Just 10 minute from Seminyak area and 15 minute from Double Six Beach by motor bike. In front of my house U still can see a rice field and during the morning you can hear a lot of bird will be sing for you to wake up you. For 1 week Just US $ 200, send me a message in my mobile if U interested. Here my number +62 81 338 332 730 or send me an email in uwik1983@hotmail.com....

Regards,
    Uwik

#2 Posted: 18/10/2010 - 08:48

• Sarahdoughe-
    rty

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010

There are a lot of villas available for short term rental, many are listed on the internet. Firstly you need to identify the area you want to stay in - whether it is Kuta, Ubud (not near the beach!), Sanur, the Bukit etc. The prices vary enormously but if you are staying longer than one week then you can often negotiate for a better rate. These days most offer wi-fi but in other ways can vary enormously and the price is not always the best indication. Bali is by far the easiest place to source this kind of holiday villa although increasingly Lombok is offering villas as well as hotel rooms.

Good luck,

Sarah.

#3 Posted: 25/10/2010 - 06:32

• Wandering_m-
    an

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2010

If you prefer Lombok, as I do, there are many places in Kuta Beach or Gerupuk where you can stay quite comfortably for almost a month on your weekly budget. Internet is fast at The Magic Bar, a coffee shop in town. Most places here are fan only (the sea breezes and the fan make for comfortable sleeping). Recommended are The Spot and Angels. The Spot is closer to the beach and has a nice social vibe. Angels is cheaper (ask for a monthly rate), the rooms are bigger, wifi and breakfast included. Much of the wifi in town, especially the free wifi--would be too slow to meet your needs. Magic Bar is fast, free if you eat or drink there.

Rent a moto and explore the most beautiful beaches in the world here (my favorite is Mawun-Google images and see what I mean).

If you require AC you will pay a lot more-check out Surfers Inn, Matahari, and Hideaway Bungalows. Hope this helps.

#4 Posted: 25/11/2010 - 13:30

• sallyissxc

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2011

hey wandering_man

just couriouse im leaving to go to indonesia next month, was wondering where i could stay for cheap for about a month, noticed you said THE SPOT and ANGELS is cheap is that in kuta? :-) and is it pretty close to site seeing and things?

#5 Posted: 21/1/2011 - 10:26

• laurenladky

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2011

Hi Crofty,

You can absolutely get a villa in both Bali and Lombok in your budget. Though its easiest to resort to the internet, I find that the more expensive villas are listed here. If you aren't afraid to do so, may I suggest you set up shop in a hotel/guesthouse for a few days once you pick where you want to be. From there, befriend a local and look at your options. Bali's beach communities are very diverse from the next. Kuta is wild, Seminyak is upscale (and often expensive) Sanur is quiet, Jimbaran is easy going but a bit far from all the action.

FYI - Most people rent a 3 bedroom villa in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak for around 300 - 500 USD per month. However, most of these require long-term leases. If you look around - you can get a great deal.

If you prefer peace and beautiful, clean beaches. Hit Kuta, Lombok. I just visited and its extremely friendly and blew Bali's beaches away.

Happy hunting!

#6 Posted: 27/1/2011 - 14:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Apartment Ramkhamhaeng Road for Rent Short-Term, Long-Term Reasonable Price ... By theofficebkk on 21 Aug 2012 0 1985 21 Aug 2012
arriving late, where to stay/long term rentals ... By musicalnomads on 17 Aug 2009 2 3424 18 Aug 2009
Battambang short term apartment ... By barbaral on 26 Feb 2011 4 4138 13 Jul 2011
Short Term Let Apartment - Chiang Mai ... By NoPlaceToBe on 9 Sep 2010 8 6225 11 Sep 2010
Short-Term Living in Laos ... By sentientcabbage on 8 Sep 2010 3 3294 6 Oct 2010
Short term rental in Thailand for early 2011? ... By crofty on 17 Oct 2010 2 1892 21 Oct 2010
25/F looking for short-term travel companion - Vietnam/Ho Chi Minh - Dec 7~8 ... By mmybelle12 on 30 Nov 2011 0 1190 30 Nov 2011
Bali or Lombok? ... By soomei on 23 Feb 2014 3 1586 26 Feb 2014
Motorcycling in Bali and Lombok ... By ade7 on 19 Aug 2009 15 8394 8 Dec 2010
Ramadan in Bali and Lombok ... By ade7 on 19 Aug 2009 2 6260 19 Aug 2009