Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

I'm looking for a good guesthouse a Bali

• jamesinoz

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2010

Hi,
    New to the site here. I'm looking for a good guesthouse in Bali and would like some recommendations please. I'd clasify myself as a flashpacker and would like a room or a good bungalow with air-con and private bathroom. Wifi would be great. I don't mind paying extra for the wifi if it is a good connection, but I've read elsewhere that wifi on bali isn't very good. True?

I realise Bali is a big place, but am unsure where to stay, I don't mind a beach (Kuta I guess - that is the only one I've heard of) or Ubud in the hills, but I couldn't anything about either on Travelfish.

Basically I want to stay in just one place for two weeks and am not interested in travelling all over the place, would rather just hang out, meet some locals and get some work done.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 06:06

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia

You're probably looking at spending 300,000 rupiah per night for what you're looking for and a great place to do that would be in Ubud, I think. Sania's House in Ubud is a good choice. For 300,000 rupiah you get a room with a/c, hot water bathroom and free WiFi. There's also a nifty pool as well and and it's all in a family compound 2 mins walk from the marketplace. Not sure how good the WiFi is, but I dare say it's dependent on other users being on Skype etc. You can always head to any cafe in town and they have free WiFi as well.

#2 Posted: 22/11/2010 - 19:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.