Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Advice on Kuta/Legian Hotels.

Posted by MiaBritton on 28/11/2010 at 19:16

Hi again,

Just looking for hotels/guesthouses in the Kuta-Legian area.
Can anyone recommend a clean place to stay, with a pool for around $30NZD a night. We are there at the end of Jan 2011 (low season).

Also, if anyone has stayed at these places could you give me a bit of feedback!
Sayang Maha Mertha
Balisani Padma
Pondok Sari

Thank you!

#1 MiaBritton has been a member since 25/11/2009. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 17
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by mooball on 3/12/2010 at 20:55 TF writer

OK, where to start. Saya Maha Mertha. Forget it. It's poor value, but usually fully booked because of internet bookings. The cheaper rooms are very poor value, but it does have a shoddy pool and free WiFi in the dining room.

I've never been to Pondok Sari but the location on website looks pretty bad.
The Bali Sani looks to be charging around $40, but I haven't been there either.

In my experience, if you're looking at NZ$30 per night, you really don't want to be dabbling in the hotel space in Bali as you're scraping the bottom of the barrel and you will quite possibly end up with something old and not very nice. In that price range it is better to focus more on backpacker style accommodation in Kuta as Legian and Seminyak don't have as many options at this price point. Dua Dara Inn on Poppies II T: (0361) 754 031 or Mimpi Bungalows on Gang Sorga kumimpi@yahoo.com.sg would be my picks if I needed pool and had NZ$30. They're not flash, but they're clean and Mimpi has a bit of character.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.