Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Advice on Kuta/Legian Hotels.

• MiaBritton

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2009
    Location New Zealand

Hi again,

Just looking for hotels/guesthouses in the Kuta-Legian area.
    Can anyone recommend a clean place to stay, with a pool for around $30NZD a night. We are there at the end of Jan 2011 (low season).

Also, if anyone has stayed at these places could you give me a bit of feedback!
    Sayang Maha Mertha
    Balisani Padma
    Pondok Sari

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 19:16

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

OK, where to start. Saya Maha Mertha. Forget it. It's poor value, but usually fully booked because of internet bookings. The cheaper rooms are very poor value, but it does have a shoddy pool and free WiFi in the dining room.

I've never been to Pondok Sari but the location on website looks pretty bad.
    The Bali Sani looks to be charging around $40, but I haven't been there either.

In my experience, if you're looking at NZ$30 per night, you really don't want to be dabbling in the hotel space in Bali as you're scraping the bottom of the barrel and you will quite possibly end up with something old and not very nice. In that price range it is better to focus more on backpacker style accommodation in Kuta as Legian and Seminyak don't have as many options at this price point. Dua Dara Inn on Poppies II T: (0361) 754 031 or Mimpi Bungalows on Gang Sorga kumimpi@yahoo.com.sg would be my picks if I needed pool and had NZ$30. They're not flash, but they're clean and Mimpi has a bit of character.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2010 - 20:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best place to stay on Bali arrival this June/July-- Kuta, Legian, Seminyak ... By JuliaMcD on 7 Apr 2013 10 12305 7 Jul 2013