Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali for Middle aged english

• sessachief

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Off to Bali, in two days , spending a week on outskirts of Kuta , in some resort Krtonya or something like this. This will be with grown up family. So I am guessing other parts of Bali need to be seen. Thinking of Airport to Amed , then into Ubed, then into Kuta with Family to finish.
    Want to have good accommodation of around $45 a night all should be clean , have Fan & Air con and a pool .How much from Airport to Amed, I know series of Villages .. Is this a daft plan ?
    Help please , leaving on jet plane tomorrow night :-)
    Thought I might throw in a little lite baiting re the Ashes for the Oz in Bali !!

#1 Posted: 29/12/2010 - 18:51

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

the ashes are over, the recriminations have started, the knives are sharpened, the wailing is loud,the captain could lose his head,just another sunny day on Oz.
    swag

#2 Posted: 30/12/2010 - 06:18

• 40PlusTrave-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2010
    Location Australia

Far too late for any useful information for you I would be guessing.

Amed is a long way from Denpasar airport - It would take two+ hours to get to the Amed area. Also, the area called Amed is spread out over a long strech of coast, and I wouldnt think a taxi driver from Denpasar would have much clue on where to take you, if you have nothing organised.
    I think yYou would be better to stay in Kuta or Sanur initially and organise bus transfer or a car and driver rental to take you, as well as somewhere to stay

#3 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 14:30

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Agree that Amed is a fair distance from the airport - but I think it's worth going to, in my opinion. Much more laid back than Kuta - I would tend to leave it to the end rather than the start of the trip.

If you've got money to throw about, I believe you can get a boat from Padangbai, Sanur, or somewhere down that area. And some of the more resort type hotels will probably offer transport.

#4 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 17:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Middle-aged woman alone: Sore thumb? ... By karibou on 16 Feb 2013 27 3866 4 Jul 2013
Pinta/Pinta Gold good for the middle/old aged only? ... By lexkssnbrg on 4 Jul 2009 12 2287 17 Jul 2009
Bali accomation for 5-8 middle of December ? ... By Winstan on 16 Oct 2012 3 740 17 Oct 2012