Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Jewelry Workshop Review: Studio Perak in Ubud, Bali

• cisdeluca

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2011

At Studio Perak in Ubud, Bali, you can take a 3 hour silversmithing and jewelry making workshop. The studio provides each student with 5 grams of silver to craft a pendant or ring and the expertise of a great instructor named Nyoman. When I went last week, I was very pleased with the experience. Upon arrival, we were given the opportunity to browse their shop to choose a design to replicate from their pre-existing items. Instead of trying to design my own piece, I decided to replicate one of the many original pendant designs they had on display.

Nyoman was a great instructor, as he led us through the process of drawing our designs on the silver sheet, cutting, welding, sanding and polishing. He was great at jumping in at critical times to ensure each student left the class with a nice piece of jewelry.

I would recommend this class to anyone spending a few days in Ubud. Reservations can be made as little as one day in advance. Enjoy!

#1 Posted: 2/2/2011 - 18:57

• Advertisement

• amz155

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2006

My finace and I also took this course last year while we were in Ubud. We enjoyed it a lot and thought the instructor was great. Best of all, it was located near a GREAT restaurant we discovered called Clear--which we highly recommend!

#2 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 08:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ubud - In Bali - Rated BEST CITY IN ASIA ... By devi108 on 21 Feb 2010 3 3519 1 Mar 2010
Bike Tour Ubud / East Bali ... By Wizardofoz on 11 Dec 2012 3 1042 30 Dec 2012
Lodging Review: Flowerbud Bungalows in Balangan, Bali ... By cisdeluca on 9 Feb 2011 0 2751 9 Feb 2011