Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Jewelry Workshop Review: Studio Perak in Ubud, Bali

Posted by cisdeluca on 2/2/2011 at 18:57

At Studio Perak in Ubud, Bali, you can take a 3 hour silversmithing and jewelry making workshop. The studio provides each student with 5 grams of silver to craft a pendant or ring and the expertise of a great instructor named Nyoman. When I went last week, I was very pleased with the experience. Upon arrival, we were given the opportunity to browse their shop to choose a design to replicate from their pre-existing items. Instead of trying to design my own piece, I decided to replicate one of the many original pendant designs they had on display.

Nyoman was a great instructor, as he led us through the process of drawing our designs on the silver sheet, cutting, welding, sanding and polishing. He was great at jumping in at critical times to ensure each student left the class with a nice piece of jewelry.

I would recommend this class to anyone spending a few days in Ubud. Reservations can be made as little as one day in advance. Enjoy!

#1 cisdeluca has been a member since 17/1/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by amz155 on 2/3/2011 at 08:28

My finace and I also took this course last year while we were in Ubud. We enjoyed it a lot and thought the instructor was great. Best of all, it was located near a GREAT restaurant we discovered called Clear--which we highly recommend!

#2 amz155 has been a member since 30/8/2006. Posts: 111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.