Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Flights to Bali: best option coming out of Cambodia?

• smillertime-

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2010

Hello! I plan to meet a friend in Bali around March 14 and will be traveling from Cambodia. Does anyone have any experience as to finding the best/cheapest flight from Phnom Phen to Bali? I assume I would need to transfer in Singapore, but is there any airline that will book all the way, or will it be easier/cheaper to book separate flights?

Looking into it, but wasn't sure if anyone had any ideas :)

Thanks!
    Sarah

#1 Posted: 12/2/2011 - 12:04

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I don't know specifics but my bet would be on Bangkok and not Singapore for ease and low cost. Under your post there's an add of Air asia for Bali - Phuket for $41.

#2 Posted: 12/2/2011 - 14:27

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Look at Air Asia into both Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. From there those places, you can fly direct to Bali (Denpasar). See which option offers the best deal.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2011 - 16:52

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Also check Jetstar for Cambodia -- Singapore -- Bali

#4 Posted: 12/2/2011 - 18:14

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd say the cheapest will be with AirAsia via KL. The main problem with the flight from Phuket to Bali is you have to be at the airport at 4:30 am (says he who is catching said flight on Monday ;-)

#5 Posted: 12/2/2011 - 18:43

• denzuke

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2011

Hi Sarah, AirAsia! You can do a mix and match to make it a more fruitful trip.
    Some options:
    1) Bus first to Bangkok. Then take the BKK-DPS AirAsia flight.
    2) Cambodia to BKK flight. Then BKK-DPS flight. One single flight.
    3) Cambodia to KUL flight (there are two, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap to KUL). Then KUL-DPS flight(s) - there are 5 flghts to Bali out of KUL!
    To get the best fares, booking in advance is essential. The cost of flight is still much less than regular full service airlines (on average 30-50% off) and best of all is you can book single-way tickets without incurring penalties that full service airlines almost certainly will force upon you - such as buying a return ticket or validity is 7 or 14 days.

#6 Posted: 27/2/2011 - 20:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.