Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Jakarta Hostel ... and then ... What ??

• zmsbg

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Hello everyone I'm going to Indonesia for the summer and I'm flying down on the 4th and I was looking for a nice cheap place to stay in Jakarta before heading down to Bali ...

Another thing I'm meeting some friends in Bali so i have to be there on the 8th ... I was wondering where could I go that's on route to Bali ...

Thanks

#1 Posted: 10/3/2011 - 21:54

• Advertisement

• divejunkie

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

Hi,

Lots of cheap accommodation in Jalan Jaksa, Central Jakarta. Not many things to do in Jakarta, maybe you can spend more days in Jogjakarta on the way to Bali.
    From Jakarta to Jogja, you can take monirng train. From Jogja maybe you can go to Dieng then Bromo then take bus to Denpasar (Bali) or if you wanna skip Dieng/Bromo, you can fly from Jogja to Bali. Hopefully Bromo already calm down in the next couple months. Still errupted now.

Cheers,

#2 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 11:12

• justinloe84

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2011

Hello Friends...

Indonesia is a terrific destination to have some good time with your friends and family...Also staying there in cheap in hostels is also easily available...You can stay in "SRI Bungalows or in The Island Bali", the popular hostels there....The services and the food provided by them is good..So just go there and have a blast...

Justin Loe.

To know about villa click on club villamar and on location villa espagne.

#3 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 16:33

• BuildingMyB-
    ento

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2012
    Location United States

Depending on your budget/lack of enthusiasm for Jalan Jaksa, Jalan Mangga Besar might work. It's in North Jakarta, and the street is incredibly vibrant during the day and until say 2-3am. Seedy, maybe, but then which part of my favorite city in SE Asia isn't?

#4 Posted: 15/6/2013 - 23:14

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Probably a little late for the original question.

(but in case people 1700+ keep looking at it, for my money Six Degrees Hostel is great for having wonderful staff, nice accommodation and a good location that is also off the backpacker ghetto . . . also, it'd be no fun to see any of Jakarta and then try to use remaining days to blast across Java to Bali . . . or for that matter, to land in jakarta, stay a night and then blast across Java to Bali in 3 or 4 days)

#5 Posted: 16/6/2013 - 06:48

• afron

Click here to learn more about afron
    Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2013
    Location Austria

I too like the Six Degrees. It is located in a pleasant area in Central Jakarta, and located conveniently in terms of transport (coming from and going to the airport, half-day trip to Bogor Botanical Garden from Cikini train station).

http://jakarta-backpackers-hostel.com/

#6 Posted: 10/8/2013 - 04:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.