• ianinthewor-
    ld

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 13
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I would like to try travelling around Indon without flying, so this means Pelni. I have read some sad stories of ekomi class (or however, it is spelt), but have read that 1st class is fairly comfortable. I have looked at the prices, which are ok. Any thoughts on this?

Also security for my stuff. I travel with 2 bags, but with a computer and of course my documents and cards. How safe would they be on a Pelni? If I had a first class cabin would they be ok? I sound like a bit of a wuss, but I am thinking worst case scenario.

Thanks for any advice.

#1 Posted: 11/3/2011 - 22:59

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Pelni ships vary. I've only travelled on the Ciremai, both ekonomi and first class. The first class cabins on that particular ship are fine... fairly spacious and you even get a hot water shower and a TV with a couple of English channels. Security is no problem ...you get a key to the cabin and, like on the Titanic, riff raff are prevented from entering the first class area by locked doors. Ticket price includes meals in the first class restuarant as well but don't expect gourmet cuisine. The ticket price for a first class cabin was roughly the same as the flight.

Tip: When boarding a Pelni ship, wait till the initial rush is over... porters will practically push you off the gang plank trying to get past you and pickpockets can be a problem. Similarly wait a bit before disembarking.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2011 - 14:00

• ianinthewor-
    ld

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 13
    Places visited:
    At least 2

SBE thanks for that. I get the impression that first is ok, hate to sound like a wuss (did i say that already), but I like a little comfort, and the ability to relax.

#3 Posted: 13/3/2011 - 17:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.