Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Rafting in Bali

• foieslinger

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2009

My wife and I would like to do some white water rafting in Bali next week, can anyone recommend a good tour operator?

I assume most operators are based out of Ubud, is this correct?

#1 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 12:34

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can book it pretty much anywhere on the island, but most of the trips star within an hour of Ubud. Sobek gets consistently good reviews, though I've not tried the rafting myself... May have to next week when the parents arrive.

#2 Posted: 27/3/2011 - 06:15

• divejunkie

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

Hi,

I did water rafting twice with Sobek, very professional. They will pick you up where ever you stay. You can do at Ayung river or at Telaga Waja, last one is more challenging. Have fun!

#3 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 13:53

• Phoenix

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

Bali Adventure Tours ,owned by an Australian Nigel Mason, is operating white water rafting on the Ayung River. Safty is his number one priority and is up to International Standards. You can check out his website and book online. Top class service from beginning to end.

#4 Posted: 8/4/2011 - 04:09

• screamin

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 36

Ayung is great pretty easy . But the steps down are 5 short of making it to china . I hear the telaga waja is alot more fun . I used sobek as well

#5 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 18:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Which is the better location for white water rafting in Bali? ... By klb5050 on 1 Jun 2013 0 532 1 Jun 2013