Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Honeymoon in Bali -- 2.5 Weeks

• Obrad

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2010

Hi All,

I was hoping that this forum would be able to give me some help as to recommendations and an Itinerary for my fiance and my honeymoon in Bali. We are going to be there from June 29th to July 15th or 16th and will be specifically in Bali. For the first week or so, we will be staying at my cousin's villa in Kuta Beach and would look for any recommendations of day trips or activities or sights to see while in that area.

After that we were looking at exploring a little more of the area including the Gili Islands and Lombok for the next week to ten days.

What are the must see sights and activities and places to stay and see? So you know a little about us, we are both very active, love the outdoors, the beach and like going on hikes. We also like nightlife and although, will not be some of the people going to bed when the sun comes out, will stay up a bit and enjoy a couple of drinks.

Any recommendations that anyone would have would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks again!
    Mike

#1 Posted: 28/4/2011 - 21:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hey Mike,

If I read that right, you're staying in Kuta for the duration of your time in Bali, then off to the Gilis/Lombok - is that right?

Assumming so, daytrips from Kuta I'd be sketching in daytrips to some of the beaches on the Bukit - Balangan is particularly nice. If you want to have a special meal and happy to splurge, the Alila Resort is one of the most spectacular cliff top resorts and has an amazing restaurant that does Balinese food - not cheap, but for a splurge, it is amazing - we have a blog entry coming up on this joint shortly.

Other daytrips, Uluwatu for the sunset kecak dance and obviously a long day trip up to Ubud for some shopping, spa-ing and rice field walks.

Outdoorsy stuff, I've done both a bird walk (out of Ubud), a mountain bike trip and learned to surf (ongoing) I'd highly recommend any of these.

Nightlife wise, Kudeta is pretty and pricey, Cocoon similar and Potato Head is an amazing setting. Lots of bars in Kuta itself.

I'm yet to make it to the Gilis, but for Lombok, the south coast Kuta-area is lovely.

Hope that helps!

#2 Posted: 29/4/2011 - 07:46

• ezytrav

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2011

wow, what a nice trip honeymoon to bali

#3 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 16:02

• Danny2012

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2011

For outdoor activities just visit nearby tourist attraction booth,there are tons of things they will offer you,but I personally only enjoy the best which ATV ride,wreck diving,white water rafting at Telaga Waja (don't go the one at Ayung it's for queer),and surfing.Since you said you're looking for night life also staying in Kuta or Legian area would be best.And if you really like hiking Batur mountain will always available for you.Lombok and Gilis are small area you'll figure it all out by yourself.Congratulation have a nice honeymoon!

#4 Posted: 13/7/2011 - 16:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
BALI HONEYMOON 3 weeks ... By garrithv on 21 Jul 2013 5 1831 22 Jul 2013
Honeymoon itenerary thailand and bali ... By sackling on 7 Aug 2014 0 311 7 Aug 2014