Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

4 Days Bali

• Na0miii

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011

Hi, I'm heading to Kuta, Bali end of this month with a couple of friends for a short getaway. We hired a driver for Day 1 and the itinerary for the tour is :

Volcano tour
    1.Barong keris ritual
    2.Batik tohpati
    3.celuk silver
    4.Batuan painting
    5.Gunung kawi temple
    6.Kayuamba plantation
    7.Volcano and lake batur
    8.Toya bungkah natural hotspring
    9 tegalalang rice terrace
    10.Central of ubud:

However, on Day 2 we haven't decide where to go as we have no idea where in Bali is nice. Basically we are looking for nice and good food in Bali, shopping centres or places where we can get cheap handicrafts / handmade accessories / surf clothes. If there is nice clubs to recommend us that would be great too.

Appreciate your replies and recommendations =)

#1 Posted: 3/5/2011 - 21:43

• Advertisement

• Dquinz

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2011

Hi there Naomi,
    Basically what u have chosen above is one of the best destinations in bali, But honestly, there is some more to see...u have to go to tabanan way, wher u can find Tanah Lot temple...very pretty, it supports a picturesque sea temple which can be reached by a scramble over the wet rocks, u can also go to bedugul, a highland with cool n fresh weather..and many more. for the driver, u can actually call this person, i was in bali last year n i found thet this driver has a good personality n friendly...look for Mr Made n this is his phone number : + 62 878 60 66 00 11..he will help you, n btw, where do you stay for the hotels? i was using this travel agent in Bali and i found out that they give a real cheap deal....n they are very trsutable people there. just leave a message to this email at handsome_thundie@yahoo.com.

Hope this can help ...

Sincerely,

Dquinz

#2 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 21:00

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia

Not sure what sort of food you are after, but if you're after Indonesian stuff, my favorite is warung melati in seminyak. Warung yogya in Legian is also good. They are both reviewed on travelfish. Most of the western cafes and restaurants are in seminyak on jalan laksamana. If you just want cheap food, it's on every corner in kuta and no recommendations are necessary.

The shopping in kuta and Legian is very good and there heaps of surf shops selling genuine stuff. It's not dirt cheap, but it's not too bad. The best place to get a wide selection of handicrafts is on jalan Legian in Legian. Head north along there and then turn left into jalan double six to continue the shopping.

As for other 'places' to go, I highly recommend a day at the beaches on the bukit in the south followed up by a sunset kecak dance at uluwatu. The beaches down here are great to chill out on and uluwatu and the fire dance are a sight to behold.

I'd personally skip tanah lot. There are many better places to go than that.

#3 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 21:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.