Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

So, which Gili island (or beach) to prefer?

• travelinchen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2011

Hey guys,
    my partner and I are planning to spend a week on one of the Gili islands, but we're not sure which one yet. Here's what we need to take into consideration:
    1. Money -- we're on a somewhat tight budget of 50 USD a day for the two of us. (clean room with private both, but cold shower is fine)
    2. Seclution and Peace -- we want to relax, NO partying and preferrably backpacker people rather than families or spring break type people
    3. Snorkeling -- where's the best offshore snorkeling?
    Which island (or rather: area) would you recommend?
    Are there accomodation you can recommend?
    Thanks a lot in advance :)

#1 Posted: 7/5/2011 - 17:00

• Advertisement

• ecbaker

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2011

This is an obvious one for me: Gili Air. Gili T is super spring breakish and I haven't been to Meno but it is supposed to be very mellow and pretty much families or honeymooners. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but we thought Gili Air was a perfect in between.

#2 Posted: 11/5/2011 - 10:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.