Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Trekking Mt Rinjani and visitng Gili

• DShan

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done the trek up Mt Rinjani and can recommend any good trekking companies? Or can I book with guesthouses in Lombok? Planning to trek Mt Rinjani early June (I'm going alone, but hoping to find people to trek together with), but not sure if there are cheaper alternatives out there. The ones I've asked go for USD175 per pax for a 3D2N trek.
    Also, any good recommendations on guesthouses to stay the night before the trek? Going on a budget trip, so hopefully to find something that is cheap.
    Also thinking of dropping by Gili either before or after the trek for a couple of days. What is the cheapest way to get across to Gili island and any accomo to recommend? Hoping to find a place with more travellers (backpackers)

#1 Posted: 12/5/2011 - 08:42

• Advertisement

• eik362

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2012
    Location Australia

Hi there! Just wondering if you ended up trekking Mt Rinjani? I'm really interested to climb it sometime in June/July.

#2 Posted: 6/6/2012 - 23:38

• DShan

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Nope i didn't. But please let me know if you managed to do so and share your experiences and how u went about booking it.

Thanks

#3 Posted: 10/6/2012 - 06:13

• marktraveler

Joined Travelfish
    25th August, 2012

I just did the amazing 3 days 2 nights rinjani trip / trekking. beautiful view and the guides were very helpful. the service i had was excellent. I can defenately recommend to do the track with lombok rinjani trekking by hardy kruger! good fun and a good price. especially if you call of contact him directly! I've known hardy for about a week and he has good humor and likes to play tabeltennis. please challange hem ;-)..

i got his number if you want of use his website to take a look

+62 8175750585 Normal 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

http://lombok-trekking.com/rinjani-summit-trekking-package-03-days-02-nights.html

enjoy your holyday

greets mark from holland

#4 Posted: 25/8/2012 - 09:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mount Rinjani and Gili Islands - July 2014 ... By seangoh on 4 Apr 2014 0 531 4 Apr 2014
Rinjani Lombok Trekking ... By atarionald on 20 May 2014 0 471 20 May 2014