Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Flights to KL/Sing to Lombok

• starfish

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Hey there!

I have a rough plan of my summer trip. I was planning of flying from KL to Bali, moving to the Gilis before heading back to Bali for a flight to Singapore. As we only have a short period of time, I was wondering if it would make more sense to fly on leg of the trip from Lombok rather than both flights from Singapore. However, I am finding it really hard to actually find any flights. I have tried Singapore Airlines and Silk Air but the flight codes are not coming up. Could anyone recommend another airline or prehaps another route? I figured the ferry cost return from Bali would justify the flight from Lombok if it was to cost more.

Thank you for all your help!

#1 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 02:02

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I can't quite make sense of what you are asking - are you looking for flights from Lombok to Bali? Or Lombok to Singapore?

There are a couple of options to get from Lombok to Bali - a speed boat (same price as flight ) takes 2-3 hours I think and you get if about 45mins north of Senggigi. The standard ferry (takes 7-8 hours) and you catch it somewhere south of Mataram. The flight from Lombok (Mataram) to Bali is about 1/2 hour.

Not sure if that helped - and my memory is starting to get rusty.. . must be time for me to return!
    Either way, try the Indonesia airline - Garuda.

#2 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 03:07

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Actually - someone just reminded me about the Skyscanner website - a search tool for flights. That might help you find what you are looking for. http://www.skyscanner.net

#3 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 03:15

• starfish

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2009

Thank you!

My original plan was get the ferry there and back from the Bali to the Gilis, however, it seems that going from Lombok is easier.

So I was looking to either fly from KL and go to the Gilis then on to Bali and then fly to Singapore.

Or go visa verse: Kl --> Bali --> Gilli --> Lombok --> Singapore

rather than the orginial plan of:

KL --> Bali --> ferry to gilis --> ferry back to Bali --> fly to Singapore.

Is that slightly clearer?

Thank you

#4 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 13:35

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

A quick google revealed this

http://www.lombok-network.com/AMI_dept_schedule.htm

Maybe that helps? I'd avoid using Merpati if possible. Like they say on that site, they are "unreliable" (ie crash a lot).

I have tried Singapore Airlines and Silk Air but the flight codes are not coming up.

Strange, the flight codes came up straight away when I tried on the Singapore Airlines site:

Flight M1 124 leaves Lombok at 19.25 and arrives in Singapore at 22.00

but it doesn't fly daily. Try Saturdays, Mondays and Thursdays.

BTW, although the international departure tax is only 75,000Rp from Mataram, that Silk Air Flight costs $269 which is quite expensive compared to an Air Asia flight to Singapore from Bali.

#5 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 14:52

• starfish

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2009

I had a look at that website previously. Thanks you for your help... time and cost wise I think it would be easier to stick to the original plan of air asia from KL to Bali, return ferry from the Gilis and then Air Asia flight to Singapore, as you suggested the cheapest costs are on Airasia.

The ferry website for the faster boat said it is around 2 hours maybe 3 1/2 from pick up to Gili T. I think this is my best option if you would agree?

Thank you for your help

#6 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 15:18

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Haven't done that particular speedboat but it sounds like the easiest solution!

#7 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 16:06

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

OK that makes a bit more sense.

I managed to dig up some costs from late 2009. The speedboat that I took between Gili T to Bali cost 550,000rp. I seem to recall that was slightly discounted because I bought it 3 days ahead of time. The speedboat runs from Bali to Lembongan to Gili T to Lombok, so you can pick and choose where you want to get off. The speedboat that I took was very modern, well equipped and comfortable. I forget which company but there are several around. You'll see agents all around Bali selling tickets.

For a comparison, I later took the slow ferry from Lombok to Bali for 225,000rp (incl shuttle bus to ferry). This is an older style car ferry... slow and steady.

If you're on a tight timeframe, and have no specific interest in going to Lombok, then do the speedboat return. You should be able to get the return trip at a discounted rate too.

In summary, KL - Bali - Gili - Bali - Singapore. Air Asia will give you the better rates, and the speedboat won't be too much longer than the flights from Lombok, and more enjoyable.

#8 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 16:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.