Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Train ticket Jakarta - Yog - available on the day?

• neila83

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2011

hi,

I'm travelling to Jakarta on June 14th, and am planning to go to yogjakarta the next day. I would prefer to go by train than plane (although flights are very cheap) so that I can see the scenery.

My question is, since you can't book online, do you think I will be able to get a ticket at short notice, i.e. only the day before I want to go, or for the next day? Is it usually sold out or are there plenty available on the day? I need to know, because if it is possible I won't be able to get one, I need to book a flight now to get the best prices. I am in the UK so have no way of buying a train ticket.

Any advice much appreciated, also - is the train journey worth doing over a flight if any of you have done it?

Cheers!

Neil

#1 Posted: 29/5/2011 - 20:16

• Advertisement

• dewaemperor

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2011

Hi Neil

Call 121 to book train tickets from Jakarta to Jogjakarta.
    14th June is not holliday, i think there is still ticket for you to book.
    http://www.kereta-api.co.id/index.php?option=com_jadwal

#2 Posted: 8/6/2011 - 16:25

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's been a couple of years since I did this trip, but we just bought our tickets on the day. That morning.

#3 Posted: 8/6/2011 - 19:24

• lunar

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2011

Yes you can show up and buy your ticket straight away for the next train. I did it two months ago and it was an exekutiff (first class) ticket. Was worth it and there are beautiful rice paddies on the train journey.

#4 Posted: 3/8/2011 - 22:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
selling ticket to Jakarta ... By eleutherita on 25 Jul 2010 0 1538 25 Jul 2010