Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Landing late at night in Bali

Posted by chicoelnino on 2/6/2011 at 04:19

Three of us will be arriving late into Denpasar airport around 1am next week. We have no accommodation booked yet.

Can anyone recommend a safe place to stay for our first night there thats near to the airport until we get our bearings?

Thanks in advance.

#1 chicoelnino has been a member since 17/9/2010. Posts: 66
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by miangkem on 4/6/2011 at 21:14

It might depend on where you want to go next?
We stayed at Little Pond in Sanur:
http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/indonesia/bali/bali/sanur/all/4431
It's not the closest to the airport, but taxis will be plentiful, and it's quiet.

#2 miangkem has been a member since 4/6/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by mooball on 4/6/2011 at 21:54 TF writer

Not sure any places listed on travelfish will be unsafe, so just pick any Kuta with a high rating. If you're wanting something cheap also, I like Taman Ayu II. It's about 100,000 for a single and has hot water. Given that high season is coming up, accommodation will be tight in some places. It might be a good idea to give them a call. If you choose not to book, that's cool. Just have a bunch of back ups. Next I would choose Waringin, Dua Dara and Taman Ayu I.

Also, don't worry about transport at this time of night. There are motorbike taxis (ojeks) everywhere and they will be happy to ferry you to as many hotels as you want for about 20,000.

Taman Ayu II - http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/indonesia/bali/bali/kuta/all/4339

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.