Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Budget location for surf, reliable wifi, and away from the masses?

• CaitlinP

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Hi,
    We're looking for somewhere to stay cheaply for a month whilst applying on line for jobs. We want to be very close to a surf break, and want to avoid the likes of Kuta/Legian/Seminyak. We need reliable wifi access, preferably within the accommodation. I'd love somewhere that is also close to somewhere that offers yoga, but that isn't really a priority. We're thinking somewhere Bali, but are open to other suggestions. Would really appreciate suggestions for the trifector of surf, wifi, and CHEAP.

Thanks for your help!

#1 Posted: 6/7/2011 - 22:17

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

A couple of spots spring to mind (depending on how cheap you're after):

Puri Rama Homestay which is in the Canggu area, or, if you're happy to go further out, Brown Sugar in Medewi is excellent and doubles as a surf camp. Puri Rama is within a short motorbike ride of a good yoga centre - no yoga in Medewi (that I found). I've stayed at both these places and rate them very highly.

Am also just back yesterday from Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida and that research should all be on the site later today. Lembongan has some great surfing, but internet not so hot.

Another area to consider is down on the Bukit see the listings for Padang Padang, Bingin and Uluwatu in particular.

More questions, let me know :)

#2 Posted: 7/7/2011 - 07:28

• CaitlinP

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Thanks the response Somtam, very helpful. We're thinking of heading to Medewi. We actually have flights in Surabaya, any advice for over landing it? I gather from reading forum threads there is a bus and a train option? These both seem to end up in Denpasar, is it possible to get off early closer to Medewi? Also, how do we get on these? Do we book ahead of time? If so, how? If not, where do we go to catch them from? Know anything about it?!

Thanks for your help!

#3 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 23:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Surf Camp / Surf holiday -- for beginners ... By JulesMc on 12 Mar 2013 0 827 12 Mar 2013