Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Budget location for surf, reliable wifi, and away from the masses?

Posted by CaitlinP on 6/7/2011 at 22:17

Hi,
We're looking for somewhere to stay cheaply for a month whilst applying on line for jobs. We want to be very close to a surf break, and want to avoid the likes of Kuta/Legian/Seminyak. We need reliable wifi access, preferably within the accommodation. I'd love somewhere that is also close to somewhere that offers yoga, but that isn't really a priority. We're thinking somewhere Bali, but are open to other suggestions. Would really appreciate suggestions for the trifector of surf, wifi, and CHEAP.

Thanks for your help!

#1 CaitlinP has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/7/2011 at 07:28 admin

A couple of spots spring to mind (depending on how cheap you're after):

Puri Rama Homestay which is in the Canggu area, or, if you're happy to go further out, Brown Sugar in Medewi is excellent and doubles as a surf camp. Puri Rama is within a short motorbike ride of a good yoga centre - no yoga in Medewi (that I found). I've stayed at both these places and rate them very highly.

Am also just back yesterday from Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida and that research should all be on the site later today. Lembongan has some great surfing, but internet not so hot.

Another area to consider is down on the Bukit see the listings for Padang Padang, Bingin and Uluwatu in particular.

More questions, let me know :)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CaitlinP on 8/7/2011 at 23:23

Thanks the response Somtam, very helpful. We're thinking of heading to Medewi. We actually have flights in Surabaya, any advice for over landing it? I gather from reading forum threads there is a bus and a train option? These both seem to end up in Denpasar, is it possible to get off early closer to Medewi? Also, how do we get on these? Do we book ahead of time? If so, how? If not, where do we go to catch them from? Know anything about it?!

Thanks for your help!

#3 CaitlinP has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.