Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

short trip to Bali in Oct

• dardeb

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2011

After reading so much on SEA (this is my first trip to this part of the world), I finally decide to skip Thailand islands and go to Bali instead, 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. Now I'm reading Bali's beaches are not so pretty and clean, and weather in October is not always good. The more I read the more confused I get.
    Can you help me decide!?

Is there swimming in October in Bali?
    Which part of the island has the best beaches for swimming? I don't like pools.

I'll only have about 5 days there, I'm not a beach person, but would like to end my trip with at least two days on a nice beach somewhere.

Thanks in advance! Your site is amazing resource for SEA! I'm so glad I found it.
    Darlene

#1 Posted: 21/8/2011 - 20:52

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You will be fine weather-wise in Bali in October. There might be an afternoon rain that last for an hour or so, and that would be it. I was in the area for 8 weeks in Oct/Nov and the real rains didn't start until Nov - and even then it was just the usual afternoon showers. I wouldn't put off your travels on that basis. But.. weather is unpredictable of course, and anything can happen.

#2 Posted: 22/8/2011 - 03:24

• aquaticandy

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2011
    Total reviews: 4

Go out to one of the islands like Nusa Lembongan or the Gilis and you'll find great beaches and fun fellow travellers.

#3 Posted: 19/9/2011 - 10:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Short term rentals in Bali/Lombok ... By crofty on 17 Oct 2010 5 5603 27 Jan 2011