Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

2 Weeks in Java in Dec.: Yogya, Solo, and ?

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

Folks on this board were so helpful as I was planning our honeymoon in Vietnam/Laos last year, I thought I'd try posting again.
    I will be in Java in early–mid December doing some low-key family history/dissertation research. I will be based in Central Java (Yogya, Solo) and want to add one more destination, perhaps someplace quieter and more rustic. Interested in beautiful views, village life, walkable cities, good food, good architecture, pasars; not so much a volcano climber. May at times be on my own (woman, 30s, very little Bahasa). Would Malang and surrounds be a good option? Where else would you recommend?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 22/8/2011 - 08:09

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Indonesia (Java/Lombok) - 3 weeks ... By caseyprich on 4 Jun 2012 0 1144 4 Jun 2012