Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Simpati SIM on iPhone 3gs prob

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 3/9/2011 at 13:31

I bought and installed a Simpati SIM card in my iPhone 3GS, but to my great frustration I can't make outgoing calls. I can receive calls and I can send and receive text messages, but for some weird reason I get a fail message every time I hit dial.

Yes, I have credit.

Has anyone else had issues with Indo SIMs in iPhones. Mine is unlocked/JB'd and has worked fine with a number of Thai and Malaysian SIM cards.

#1 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/9/2011 at 18:25 admin

No - no problem. Take is to a kiosk and get them to look at it. There is also an Apple Shop on Sunset that should be able to help.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 4/9/2011 at 14:20

Cheers Mr Somtam

#3 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by douluvme49 on 1/10/2011 at 09:14

hi there we have the same sim and same phone the guy at the kiosk i bought the card from put it in his phone to set it up then i intslled it in mine and it works fine maybe that would work.

i had the same problem in malaysia and when we took it in it had not completely set up properly and they had to call in and have it reset and and a new number set
i have no idea why because we have had no problems in other countries either

#4 douluvme49 has been a member since 4/2/2011. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.