Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Simpati SIM on iPhone 3gs prob

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

I bought and installed a Simpati SIM card in my iPhone 3GS, but to my great frustration I can't make outgoing calls. I can receive calls and I can send and receive text messages, but for some weird reason I get a fail message every time I hit dial.

Yes, I have credit.

Has anyone else had issues with Indo SIMs in iPhones. Mine is unlocked/JB'd and has worked fine with a number of Thai and Malaysian SIM cards.

#1 Posted: 3/9/2011 - 13:31

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No - no problem. Take is to a kiosk and get them to look at it. There is also an Apple Shop on Sunset that should be able to help.

#2 Posted: 3/9/2011 - 18:25

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

Cheers Mr Somtam

#3 Posted: 4/9/2011 - 14:20

• douluvme49

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

hi there we have the same sim and same phone the guy at the kiosk i bought the card from put it in his phone to set it up then i intslled it in mine and it works fine maybe that would work.

i had the same problem in malaysia and when we took it in it had not completely set up properly and they had to call in and have it reset and and a new number set
    i have no idea why because we have had no problems in other countries either

#4 Posted: 1/10/2011 - 09:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.