Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

where to stay in Jakarta?

• douluvme49

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

Hey travellers

I am heading to Jakarta here in a few days and need a place to stay. Any hostel or guest house suggestions would be great!! And areas !

Should we spend time in Jakarta, or head out the next day???

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/9/2011 - 15:54

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi. since nobody else has responded to this question, i'll give it a shot, although i haven't been to jakarta in about 10 years now...

there used to be a small backpacker area in jakarta centered on jalan jaksa, and i think that is still the case. it's the backpacker, expat, hipster doofus local hangout place with cheap accommodation and food and a bit of style - sort of the jakarta equivalent of khao san road but on a much calmer scale.

it is located in central jakarta not too far from stuff like the national museum, which was worth a visit. i also remember liking the old port area of jakarta from dutch times, seeing the buildings there and visiting the puppet museum. i liked jakarta, and enjoyed my two months there, but for most travellers i think a short time is usually enough before moving on.

somtam lived there for much longer and much more recently too, so hopefully he and others will jump in here. regards.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2011 - 09:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.