Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

where to stay in Jakarta?

Posted by douluvme49 on 24/9/2011 at 15:54

Hey travellers

I am heading to Jakarta here in a few days and need a place to stay. Any hostel or guest house suggestions would be great!! And areas !

Should we spend time in Jakarta, or head out the next day???

Thanks!

#1 douluvme49 has been a member since 4/2/2011. Posts: 33

Posted by exacto on 25/9/2011 at 09:48

hi. since nobody else has responded to this question, i'll give it a shot, although i haven't been to jakarta in about 10 years now...

there used to be a small backpacker area in jakarta centered on jalan jaksa, and i think that is still the case. it's the backpacker, expat, hipster doofus local hangout place with cheap accommodation and food and a bit of style - sort of the jakarta equivalent of khao san road but on a much calmer scale.

it is located in central jakarta not too far from stuff like the national museum, which was worth a visit. i also remember liking the old port area of jakarta from dutch times, seeing the buildings there and visiting the puppet museum. i liked jakarta, and enjoyed my two months there, but for most travellers i think a short time is usually enough before moving on.

somtam lived there for much longer and much more recently too, so hopefully he and others will jump in here. regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,632
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.