Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

indonesia extended visa

• beauone11

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2011

So I will be getting into bali on the 14th of october. I had some life changing events happen and here I am wanting to be in bali for over a month and a half. I called the indo embassy and they said not enough time to apply for extended visa. They said I could apply once there, but kinda gave me the run around. I have a one way ticket out of bali to bangkok on the 10 of november just in case, and will change that ticket if I am approved for an extension on my visa. I have read in the posts that it is difficult and pricey to get the extension? does anyone have any inside advice to help my cause? love and light -Beau

#1 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 02:49

• Advertisement

• savorygal

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2010

it is really easy to get an extension to your visa. There are about a million visa agencies in Ubud alone. I took my passport in on a monday & got it back on a friday. doing it this way is the more expensive option, it costs about 50 USD for the service & another 20 USD for the visa extension. you can also do it yourself by going to the visa office near denpassar (the address is the the lonely planet) but i hear that involves a lot of waiting & bureaucracy, so if you have more time & patience than money this would be another option.

#2 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 09:53

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Yep, agree with savorygal. Don't worry about visa extension until you get there. Plenty of places can help you out. Just look for a visa agent and pay the fee.

#3 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 15:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
mai sai extended visa ... By plexo on 5 Mar 2012 5 1536 3 May 2012
90 day vietnam visa from uk or get 30 day extended from nam ... By valis on 21 Oct 2010 2 2342 6 Nov 2010
Visa for extended travel in Asia ... By drallanharris on 27 Jul 2006 4 2105 31 Aug 2006
Thailand tourist visa fee exemption extended ... By bakpakk on 3 May 2010 0 2779 3 May 2010