Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Steel-toed Boots a Problem?

Posted by kejumonyet on 20/11/2011 at 20:31

I will be travelling alone to Indonesia and Malaysia in a few weeks. I always wear steel cap boots as I find them comfortable and I'm used to them, but my parents are afraid that I might get hassled by police while I'm over there. Has anyone had this experience or heard of this happening? I am not expecting that I'll be let into nightclubs with them on, so I'll be packing other shoes as well.

A friend of mine from Singapore suggests that the boots would be uncomfortable because of the rain and the heat, so I was planning to use them only for travel between cities and for bushwalking.
I'm reluctant to buy proper hiking boots as I don't think I'll have the time to find ones that are appropriate. I don't want to spend a lot of money now and get ones that won't be suitable.

#1 kejumonyet has been a member since 20/11/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.