Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Pay per day pool/hotel facilities

Posted by monkindy on 28/11/2011 at 20:52

Hi I will soon be traveling in Indonesia. Mainly the island of Bali and several island to the east (flores, gili ect)
I know that when traveling through other parts of SEA, can often come across hotels which you can pay a day rate to use their pool/bar etc. Or have found awesome restaurants/bar/pool facilities on the beach which are open to the public (provided you are purchasing food/drinks) (eg awesome place in Mui Ne, Vietnam where this set up is available)

Just wondering if anyone knows of this type of service anywhere in Indonesia (Bali and islands to the east).

Ie I am a budget traveler and sometimes it is nice to sit by a pool, have a bit of luxury for the day.

#1 monkindy has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 15

Posted by busylizzy on 28/11/2011 at 21:22

I did notice this being available at one 3-star-type place in Kuta (Febri's). Can't remember the price though. I'm sure it will be available at at many of the 3-4-star places in Bali. I'm sure it will be available elsewhere, too, and even possibly at some of the smaller family-run places too, if they have a pool - I'm sure they wouldn't turn down the offer of a few rupiah's in their pockets!

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by KirstyB on 29/11/2011 at 02:44

Many of the cheap backpackers places in and around Kuta have pools so you may find a place with a pool that comes in within your budget.

#3 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by monkindy on 29/11/2011 at 13:51

Thanks guys
I pretty much wanted to stay away from actual Kuta Beach and was planning spending a few nights in either Legian or Seminyak.
If anyone has any other advice of luxury places in Indo where its open to public and can pay per visit (ie can pay a fraction of the $200 room cost to use just the facilities) I would still love to hear!

#4 monkindy has been a member since 30/5/2010. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.