Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali with no booking at Christmas

• Smudger

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Just wondering from the experienced Bali travellers if showing up in Bali with no booking during the Christmas peak season is alright. I arrive on the 13th and hope to bounce around Legian , Ubud, Lombok. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a cheap,clean,basic guesthouse, preferably in the Legian/Seminyak area.
    Should I just get a taxi to Legian and then wander around the side streets?

Any suggestions of places welcome.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 8/12/2011 - 00:12

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I would at least book your first couple of nights before you arrive. You don't want to be walking off the plane and have no where to stay. The Legian area was pretty busy when I was there late Oct so it's going to be very busy in Dec. Look for some cheap deals on Agoda or AsiaRooms - or contact some of the ones listed on Travelfish.

If you're only there for a relatively short period of time, you might prefer to avoid the stress of having to spend your valuable holiday time trying to find a room each time you move location. Maybe plan on getting a Indo SIM card and use it to book potential accom places a couple of days before you plan to arrive just to secure something. If you show up and it's a fleapit, then you can still walk away. (But let them know if your plans change and you don't plan to arrive).
    That would give you a bit more flexibility, but also the reassurance of knowing that you're not going to be homeless.

#2 Posted: 8/12/2011 - 02:27

• Smudger

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Thanks for the reply. I called the 'Blue Ocean' that was listed on Travelfish and made (I think) a booking. It took quite a few repetitions of my name and the dates I wanted but I think the general idea got through...hopefully. I'm heading to Lombok/Gilis for a few days and was hoping to wander around and book a place for when I came back to Bali on the 23rd.

#3 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 00:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.