Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Where to stay in Legian, Bali

Posted by KatMachine on 3/1/2012 at 18:42

Hi, I'm planning to stay in Legian for my trip to Bali and I was wondering if anybody here could recommend a nice, clean, simple, safe and comfortable place to stay that is within walking distance to the beach. Thinking about the price range between $8-15/night. thank you

#1 KatMachine has been a member since 8/2/2011. Posts: 26
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/1/2012 at 20:10 admin

There's a few cheapies near Abdi Beach Inn on Padma Utara, while still closer to the beach, Blue Ocean is a good deal (but closer to $20 a night), but generally at the price level you're looking at you'll find a bigger range in Kuta around Poppies 1 & 2. Most of the real cheap beds work on walk-in only, so may be best just to tramp around on arrival.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mooball on 6/1/2012 at 10:21 TF writer

Clean rooms in Legian are harder to come by at the $10 mark than they are in Kuta . Head 200m down the road into Kuta and you could stay at Taman Ayu II. It's a good one for 100,000 per night and you get hot water!

If you absolutely must stay in Legian, Gang Abdi is the place to look. There are a few cheap places down there, but they are not to the standard of similarly priced rooms in Kuta. Check out the reviews here on Travelfish - http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/indonesia/bali/bali/legian/all

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 429
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by calliee on 9/1/2012 at 02:19

Hi my name is Cally, I spent 3 months living in Bali, Lombok and Gili Ils. My best advice to you is do walk-a-rounds like somtam2000 has previously said, by doing this me and my partner found a place to stay in Legian for $3.50p/n AUS

Keep in mind you have to be brave and go down gangs to look for locals that have turned their houses into a hotel set-up. The longer you intend to stay with them the better you can barter.

Start off with a night barter a bit work with $1 to 10,000rup and then say well what about a couple of nights then a week. A good friend told me that they increase what they want but 90% there is a tourist price and a local price never feel guilty to barter and get a place for dirt cheap.

I ate breakfast for 40c lunch for 50c and dinner for $2 - but I braved the fears of getting Bali belly again which I had on my first trip - not enjoyable!!!! If you take your meds and can handle eating traditional food 24/7 then your holiday will be quite cheap.

My best advice is look for a well English spoken local with their own place/ establishment and ask for inside advice. I know a few people there now by getting out and about if you run into any trouble visit the captain cook pub in Legian they are English speaking bar owners and they can give you a few pointers.

Callandra

#4 calliee has been a member since 9/1/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.