Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Where to stay in Legian, Bali

• KatMachine

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Hi, I'm planning to stay in Legian for my trip to Bali and I was wondering if anybody here could recommend a nice, clean, simple, safe and comfortable place to stay that is within walking distance to the beach. Thinking about the price range between $8-15/night. thank you

#1 Posted: 3/1/2012 - 18:42

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

There's a few cheapies near Abdi Beach Inn on Padma Utara, while still closer to the beach, Blue Ocean is a good deal (but closer to $20 a night), but generally at the price level you're looking at you'll find a bigger range in Kuta around Poppies 1 & 2. Most of the real cheap beds work on walk-in only, so may be best just to tramp around on arrival.

#2 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 20:10

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Clean rooms in Legian are harder to come by at the $10 mark than they are in Kuta . Head 200m down the road into Kuta and you could stay at Taman Ayu II. It's a good one for 100,000 per night and you get hot water!

If you absolutely must stay in Legian, Gang Abdi is the place to look. There are a few cheap places down there, but they are not to the standard of similarly priced rooms in Kuta. Check out the reviews here on Travelfish - http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/indonesia/bali/bali/legian/all

#3 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 10:21

• calliee

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Hi my name is Cally, I spent 3 months living in Bali, Lombok and Gili Ils. My best advice to you is do walk-a-rounds like somtam2000 has previously said, by doing this me and my partner found a place to stay in Legian for $3.50p/n AUS

Keep in mind you have to be brave and go down gangs to look for locals that have turned their houses into a hotel set-up. The longer you intend to stay with them the better you can barter.

Start off with a night barter a bit work with $1 to 10,000rup and then say well what about a couple of nights then a week. A good friend told me that they increase what they want but 90% there is a tourist price and a local price never feel guilty to barter and get a place for dirt cheap.

I ate breakfast for 40c lunch for 50c and dinner for $2 - but I braved the fears of getting Bali belly again which I had on my first trip - not enjoyable!!!! If you take your meds and can handle eating traditional food 24/7 then your holiday will be quite cheap.

My best advice is look for a well English spoken local with their own place/ establishment and ask for inside advice. I know a few people there now by getting out and about if you run into any trouble visit the captain cook pub in Legian they are English speaking bar owners and they can give you a few pointers.

Callandra

#4 Posted: 9/1/2012 - 02:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best place to stay on Bali arrival this June/July-- Kuta, Legian, Seminyak ... By JuliaMcD on 7 Apr 2013 10 11760 7 Jul 2013