Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

$1000, 15 days, Will it be feasible in Indonesia

• helixusion

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2011

Hi All,

Have already bought a ticket to Bangkok for August. Now, my dilemma is that most of the destinations that I wanted to visit, namely, Koh Kradan and Koh Lipe will be closed during that time. But my problem is the airfare, Indonesia will cost me another $500 or more for airfare.

Have to book several other tickets...Bangkok to Surabaya, Surabaya to Bali/Mataram and then Bali to KL and back home to India.

Indonesia, was always on my list. I do not want to visit a whole lot of places with my limited budget, will be extremely contented if I can include Lombok, Gilis and Gunung Bromo in my itinerary. Will have 15-20 days and maximum $1000 to spare, depending on my budget.
    Also note, that a friend suggested that August will not be the right month for travelling to Indo as it will be Ramadan there.
    Should I cancel the ticket and postpone it for September ?
    Please help me with your suggestions.

Cheers,

Sion

#1 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 23:25

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

$1000 for 20 days is plenty for one person. Forget the Ramadan issue as well. It's not that big a deal. People are still out there earning money from tourists by shuttling them around the place, letting them stay in their hotels etc.

If you're going to Bromo, might be a better idea to head to Kawah Ijen as well and then onto Bali. Might take an extra couple of days, but it's worth it. Even better, fly into Yogya, see Borobudur and then get a tour to take you to Bromo, Ijen and Bali.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 10:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
$1000 for 5 weeks: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam - Feasible??? ... By quddus on 11 Nov 2008 2 4589 12 Nov 2008