Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

medan accomodations

• polesana88

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

30 1 2012
    Georgetown
    Leaving Malaysia soon and heading for Medan, Sumatra. Can anyone give us the names of a few guess houses or hotels in Medan to meet fellow travelers etc. A cold Bintang would go well also. Many Thanks
    Polesana88

#1 Posted: 30/1/2012 - 02:03

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Sorry, don't have any guesthouse suggestions, but wanted to say that Medan is not a big tourist town. You'll be lucky to meet more than a handful of them - I met none when I was there a few years back.

#2 Posted: 3/2/2012 - 03:35

• polesana88

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

tuk tuk driver

thanks for the infor, but that is just the reason that I am going there.
    polesana88

#3 Posted: 3/2/2012 - 03:45

• EurasiaTrav-
    eller

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2010

you go there to meet fellow travellers, even there aren't any ?
    now that's odd....... maybe you can buy "fellow travellers" in the next CircleK or Indomaret ;-)

oh, there are no Backpacker "guest houses" either......

#4 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 22:25

• polesana88

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

7 2 2012
    Medan
    I am sitting here in Medan in a budget guest house, Blue Angle or just Angle, there are at least six more within two hundred meters of where I am, 60000 to 130000 rupiah per night, fan and or A\C, some include breakfast. The Grand Mosque is just 100 meters up the road +\-, Jl Sisingamangaraja, there is a shopping mall just across the street, with a McDonald's. Anyone would like additional infor on Medan can contact me.

#5 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 04:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.