Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

I need a good gym in Bali

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

I will be arriving in Denpasar on February 10 and will spend a few days in either Cenguu, Seminyak or Sanur. I am hoping that someone can give me some information as to where I can have a good workout. I would like a place with good exercise equipment, free weights and cross trainers. Thanks in advance for any replies.

#1 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 02:01

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

@dscubaclub
    Thanks for the help! I'll check it out this weekend...

#2 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 01:24

• aquaticandy

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2011
    Total reviews: 4

Hammerhead Gym in Seminyak (on Jl Nakula) is always a popular choice - it can be a bit busy in the evenings but its a got good equipment and is friendly & social. Drop in rates are a bit steep at 60,000 rp

I've heard good things about Daily Gym (also in Seminyak, but on Jl Petitengit) - it's new and many friends are starting to go there because it's cheaper than Hammerhead.

#3 Posted: 16/2/2012 - 20:59

• melissaweii

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2012

Hi I'll be flying to bali for a holiday in June and I'm looking for a gym.. I've read at Hammer head but I'm also wondering if this Daily Gym is the one behind the Seaside Restaurant, on the beachfront at Legian (near the Kumala Pantai)

I didnt get to work out during my first trip to bali and it was so depressing. So i really wanna make the arrangements this time on my 2nd visit. Anyone knows what equipments Daily Gym carries? Like free weight/ squat racks/ smith machines etc??

Really appreciate any help.

Cheers.

#4 Posted: 23/3/2012 - 03:14

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

@melissaweii
    I took dscubaclub's advice and went to Sanur Paradise. It cost $50000 rupiah. The gym itself is large, has free weights, squat racks, lots of cardio equipment and you can use the hot tub as well. It worked well enough for me for the 10 days I was there. The equipment was old but maintained well. If you are there longer I think you can negotiate a week or two week pass. Lockers, large change rooms with showers and towels are also provided. Bring your own water.
    I also checked out fitness air in Sanur as well but the day cost is $100000 rupiah. Too much for me! This place will live up to any western standards...it is nice and expensive but was absolutely packed. Had to wait for everything...

#5 Posted: 23/3/2012 - 09:06

• melissaweii

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2012

Great. Thank you so much for the reply! :)

#6 Posted: 25/3/2012 - 04:31

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

Let me know where you end up working out. I'll be back next year. Have a great trip'

#7 Posted: 25/3/2012 - 17:50

• melissaweii

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2012

I most definitely will. Thanks for the recommendation n advice. :)

#8 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 09:24

• screamin

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 36

In the Legian area there is a gym above Seaside restaurant (which is a good feed) and has a great view of the beach.

-http://www.seasidebali.com/seaside_gym.html

#9 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 23:41

• melissaweii

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2012

Oh great! Is it comparable to Hammer Head in Kuta??

Any idea what the rates r like?

Thanks so much for your reply. :)

Happy Easter !

#10 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 23:57

• Advertisement

• tania12345

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2012

Di mana bisa membeli di Bali horisontal bar untuk pull-up, yang harus diikat ke dinding? Atau bar horisontal, yang dapat diletakkan di halaman?

#11 Posted: 1/8/2012 - 03:18

• corise

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2012

Hi Tyler,
    You might wanna try this new gym in Canggu which use good quality USA and Taiwan built equipment, Body Solid and Body Sculpture, in a nice little minimalistic setting along the main road Jln.Pantai Batu Bolong in Canggu. Wayan who runs the place is very friendly, helpful and has been doing bodybuilding and fitness for many years. Their rates are very cheap in comparison to other gyms (only 5.000 rp's per visit). They're open everyday between 13.00 to 21.00. Check them out at http://www.bimafitnessbali.com.

#12 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 05:07

• mariajames

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2012

I didnt get to plan out during my aboriginal cruise to bali and it was so depressing. So i absolutely wanna accomplish the arrange this time on my 2nd visit.

#13 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 09:26

• undersky_on-
    thel

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2012

Hammerhead Gyms...It very nice t go there.I'm sure you'll have a good time in there.

#14 Posted: 28/11/2012 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.