Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

House Rentals - Kuta

• thompyy

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2012

Hey!
    Me and a couple friends (5 of us in total) are headed to Bali in May for a month. We figured it might be more beneficial to just rent a house or flat for the month and use that as our base camp.
    Does anyone know any good websites or connections that might help steer me in the right direction? I have been looking a lot online and came across one website, airbnb, which seems to be really good. Just looking for a couple more options since we are on a budget haha. Thanks for your help!

#1 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 20:00

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Polite language: my friend and me. Do they not teach that at school anymore?
    NO-there are hardly such sites. As such www does not work much in Indo-get adapted to how this whole world worked just a few yrs ago. PLus that in/around KUta beach there are not that many houses for hire and no flats at all. has to do with all kinds of rules, regulations and Balinese superstition-those idiot westerners disturb the house ghosts and all that. And IF you happen to be the tipical OZzie surfing set-crowd, unable to make any sentence without f..ing in and unable to walk 2 steps without clinging a beerbottle-than be in for surprise,: you may be completely ignored. Cultureshock that is.
    Best thing-if you really plan to stay that long in 1 place-to simply get the group into any of the millions of local losmen and strat looking the dayafter-by asking-best to also OZzie talking groups of likeminded. By renting a motosikel-and also renting from a www most likely lands you in to some faraway place too difficult to find.
    PS-it will be different in upmarket Sanur-but then you pay the price-not so budgetty.

#2 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 20:29

• thompyy

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2012

Hey!
    Thanks for the very rude reply. I'm from CANADA not Oz. Thanks for zero advice and a strong dose of a negative attitude.
    Have yourself a good day.

#3 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 22:10

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

CaptainBkk won't win many friends around here with posts like that - and it's not the first unhelpful replay from him I've seen.

Thomppy - I can't help you with specifics. Have you tried googling 'short-term rentals' or similar? Hopefully someone will come along soon that can help you out. Or maybe get in touch with Somtam (owner of this site) who lives in Bali.

#4 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 22:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

In Kuta /Legian you should be able to rent a smallish house for US$600-1,000 for a month, towards the higher end if you want a pool. We're currently staying in a two storey house in Seminyak with swimming pool in a compound of four places. House is a bit old and there are a few mice about, but it is ok at a pinch as we're in it temp (2 monthes) only. We're paying 10,000,000 rupiah a month (so about US$1200) - if that fits your budget, let me know and I'll send you their details as they are not online.

Otherwise, at the cheaper end of the market, best way is to get here and go looking. Checkin to some cheap joint in Kuta and tell the staff you're looking for a house for a month and this is your budget -- they should be able to help.

Hope that helps & CaptainBkk loosen up!

#5 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 23:11

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Polite language plural: my friends and I CaptBKK

#6 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 23:41

• savorygal

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2010

you might try craigs list craiglist.org. they have an indonesian site & sometimes there are reasonable housing options. VRBO might also be an option.

good luck

#7 Posted: 4/3/2012 - 05:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.