Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Jakarta neighbourhoods

• Remedy

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

I am travelling through Indonesia this summer and it looks like I am going to start my trip in Jakarta. I am not usually keen on doing to much research before my travels as I prefer to discover each place while I am there, but I do like to get up to speed on areas of major cities before I go there.

However, I do find information on the different areas in Jakarta hard to come by. What I am looking for are the distinct characteristics of the different places. Like Makati in Manilla is more upscale while Malate has more of a backpacker wibe. How Sukhumvit is different from Khao San in Bangkok and so on.

If anyone has come across good information regarding Jakarta it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

#1 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 15:28

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.