Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

60 Day Visa Peculirity

• p03924545

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2012

Hey there

I've managed to get a 60 day tourist visa from my local embassy. Its got a start date and an end date, which are 90 days apart.

The problem I have is that the 90 day end date expires before I'm due to leave Indonesia. I've spoken with the embassy but to be honest their English wasn't great nor were there explanation skills. They seemed to say that the 60 day visa is valid for entry at any time during the 90 day validity period. On entry I'll then get a stamp granting me 60 days of visa (which will be fine for me), even if that goes over the 90 day period the visa says its valid for.

I'm not convinced the embassy were right in what they told me. Has anyone got personal experience of getting a 60 day visa and how that was applied on entry to Indonesia?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

#1 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 13:08

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

The embassy gave you the right information and it's not peculiar. In fact think most, if not all, tourist visas have a similar "use before" date...sometimes it's 90 days, sometimes less.

All it means is that you have to use the visa (ie get it stamped by entering Indonesia) before the 90 days is up. Even if you entered on day 89 you would still be allowed to stay 60 days after your entry date.

#2 Posted: 3/4/2012 - 21:51

• p03924545

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2012

Thanks SBE - that's put my mind at rest!

#3 Posted: 4/4/2012 - 04:46

• anaknegara

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2013

Great!
    I had exactly the same concern on my mind.
    Just got my visa which was issued by the embassay in Singapore. It's a 60-day visa which will expire on 7th of July whereas I'll be leaving Indonesia on 28th of July. Entry on 31st of May, this gives me around 59 days to wander around the archipelago.

#4 Posted: 10/4/2013 - 09:51

• BuildingMyB-
    ento

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2012
    Location United States

Did anyone get 60-day visas in their home countries/places where they have residency status?

I'd like to get mine in Singapore, but wonder about the logistics.

Thanks

#5 Posted: 15/6/2013 - 23:08

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Yep, I'm was a US passport, living in NZ (with residency status at the time), and got my 2-month visa in NZ.

I'm not sure what you are really asking... it should't really matter what country you are in when applying for a visa, as far as I know.

#6 Posted: 16/6/2013 - 00:06

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur have efficient visa processing. Singapore is a 2 day turnaround and KL is 1 day. Just make sure you go there with long pants and perhaps even a collared shirt. I had to rent a pair of jeans from the parking garage next door when I was in KL once. They were an Asian size too and I looked like a fool but it got me past the feisty guards.

Another point to note is that if you arrive too late, you may miss out on a visa as they do sometimes put a cap on how many they will process. Arrive when the embassy opens just to be safe.

#7 Posted: 18/6/2013 - 04:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.