Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Indo Surf Itinerary

• MOCEAN

Joined Travelfish
    24th April, 2012

Has anyone done a thorough surf trip through Indo? I am looking to go for an extended period of time maybe a month or two. What type of budget would you suggest? What is the best time of year for weather/waves? Im not looking for triple overhead get pounded into the reef surf. Overhead goodness with nice walls and barrels will do! Thanks ahead of time

#1 Posted: 24/4/2012 - 18:09

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Not sure about surf conditions etc, but I do know about budget. Most surfing locations I've checked out are cheap. Accommodation is rarely more than 100,000 rupiah and meals usually around 50,000 per day. Add on top of that drinks and transport and you'd be looking at somewhere in the region of 200-250k per day dependent on your drink, how often you move around, what sort of food you like to eat and if you want a Western toilet or not.

Of course, if you wanted to go cheaper, it is possible but you forgo alcohol, eat nasi goreng 3x a day and get really crumby digs. Costs are similar in Bali as they are elsewhere.

#2 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 06:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Surf Camp / Surf holiday -- for beginners ... By JulesMc on 12 Mar 2013 0 781 12 Mar 2013