Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Travel from Koh Phangan to Bali

• donnellm

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2012

HELP!! What is the best/cheapest/quickest way to travel from Koh Phangan to Bali!? I am getting so confused and frustrated trying to look up all the different options and I need the easiest and quickest route so I can finish planning my trip here is my what my trip looks like so far:

Arrive in Bangkok then to Koh Phangan for full moon party on July 4th
    July 4th or 5th I would like to leave Koh Phangan and travel to Bali
    July 10th leave Bali and head back to Bangkok for the remainder of my trip

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 07:46

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

First, calm down, it's not like you're leaving tomorrow right? :)

The best is usually not the cheapest, and the cheapest is not usually the quickest, but it looks like Air Asia has a promotion on flights from Phuket to Bali around those dates. It's around 3,500 baht one-way, which is half of what it would cost from Bangkok to Bali, and Phuket's closer to Ko Phangan anyway. Of course, you would need to ferry from Phangan to Surat Thani then bus or mini bus from there to Phuket, so you might end up needing to spend one night in Phuket if they don't have late flights that day. Otherwise you could always fly from Surat Thani to Bangkok and then Bangkok to Bali, but that would be considerably more expensive. Or, you could maybe fly Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur and then onwards to Bali.

If I were you, I'd go to www.airasia.com and try some different possibilities (i.e. Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur to Bali / Phuket to Bali / Bangkok to Bali / etc. You'll probably want to fly direct from Bali to Bangkok for the way back, but if Bali to Phuket is much cheaper you could see what the cost of Bali to Phuket to Bangkok would be, or bus from Phuket to Bangkok.

Be patient and just figure out what's best for you.

#2 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 08:40

• 9preciousGe-
    ms

Joined Travelfish
    13th January, 2011

seems a long way to travel and travel back just to hit bali for a few nights imo

#3 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 08:48

• donnellm

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2012

Yes we were considering flying from phuket to bali also but where can I get good information on bus or ferry times? That is the part where I get confused are they available quite frequently? Is there a website that I can pre arrange tickets?

#4 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 09:07

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Troll.

#5 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 16:40

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

?/ does not really that troll-ish to-me-but more tipical 1st time newbie ignorance.Obviously you can + should prebook flights.
    There is NO site and NO way to prebook the other land-trips-just imagine (yes, i understand that looks soooooooo 20th century to hyper-cyber-young-20y-Icannotbelieve thatall-)plus that your anxiety is way over the top for that anyway. There is no need for it, no discount-this is Th and we live happily that way without much fuss. When on P-A simply pop in 5 mins to any of the multitude of tr-agents and let you inform. ALWAYS distrust any saying that it take ''just 4-5 hrs''=add a few more if a flight has to be caught. Or-also very, very oldfashioned; open that guidebook and read what it says-it might even still hold.

#6 Posted: 29/4/2012 - 06:42

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It strikes me as a very big detour for 4-5 days, but if that's what you want to do, get a boat bus combo ticket from KPN to Phuket but ask to be dropped off somewhere like Nai Yang (north of Phuket and near airport) as there is only one flight a day, leaves at 7am from memory, meaning a 4am rising time if you're in the south of the island.

By buying a combo ticket, you don't have to worry about ferries etc.

#7 Posted: 30/4/2012 - 03:40

• SBE

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Places visited:
    At least 2

This person has already got everything sorted Somtam. In spite of being advised to calm down because there was no rush, he/she decided to rush off and book a ticket on a morning flight from Surat Thani on the 5th (which probably means they'll have to leave KPN on the 4th, either still totally wasted or at least with a massive hangover)

Apparently this person didn't want to go to Bali ... actually wanted to go to Bangkok for a RETURN flight (somewhere) and although they asked about the cheapest way to get to Bali, money appears to be no object.

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/thailand/18361_travel-from-koh-phangan-to-surat-thani

I still reckon this one has got to be a troll...if it were a typical clueless hyper-cyber-young-20y it would have been able to figure out the search terms needed to google KPN ferry schedules.

*wai* :-)

#8 Posted: 30/4/2012 - 04:22

• donnellm

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2012

SBE- I have never had someone be so rude on a simple travel forum. You have made your point clear on more than one post so stop wasting everyones time and quit with the negatives posts, its getting old and immature.

I am only going to KPN for the full moon party on the third (arriving there in the 2nd) and will be booking an overnight ferry for the night of the 4th (which gives me 12 hrs to recover). Then heading from surat Thani to Bali on the 5th. I have not booked any flights yet but simply planning ahead before I book everything. I am spending a month in Thailand and figured I hit up the full moon party while I am there then head to Bali for 4 nights before touring the rest of Thailand for another 20 days (which is why I must be back in Bangkok by the 10th). YES I realize its a long way to travel for the party and bali but Surat Thani airport is the only one that fits my schedule. All I was asking was a simple questions and it was the easiest way to travel from kpn to surat thani, thank you to those who provided HELPFUL advise and the idiot who wants to post negative comments on this and other threads can find somewhere else that actually cares.

#9 Posted: 30/4/2012 - 10:46

• SBE

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Places visited:
    At least 2

No need to get all hysterical my dear. You've got two threads on this forum and cross referencing them so that people are aware of all the inconsistencies in your story is not being rude. You've been posting deliberately misleading information about this so called "itinerary" of yours... I'm not the person wasting other people's time around here.

#10 Posted: 30/4/2012 - 13:59

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.