Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

manado in August

Posted by gingo3 on 19/6/2012 at 05:08

Hi!
I'm wondering about the Manado area (beaches, islands) in the middle of August. Is room availability really a problem then because of "the rich kids on summer holiday" as stated in another forum? We don't mind the upgrade to flashpacker and we are travelling with a nine-year-old, so it can even be a "nice" place. But we are budget backpackers at heart so we don't shy away from a little "rustic" either.
We will fly to Jakarta so we are still open to all possibilities as to where to go, etc. Unfortunately we have only 3 1/2 weeks time. My husband would like to dive. Any suggestions out there?! thanks oooxxxooo

#1 gingo3 has been a member since 19/6/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by traveloworld on 26/6/2012 at 04:58

Hi,
There is no fix time for travel any country so just go ahead.

#2 traveloworld has been a member since 14/6/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by intrepidstace on 12/8/2012 at 03:11

Hi

If you'd like to dive or snorkel Bunaken Island is worth a visit and a nice little island to stay on compared to the big noisy city of Manado. You can take a public ferry or charter a boat (1 hr) from Manado. There are a few dive ops on the island. I've stayed at Lorenso's guesthouse a couple of times and love it. The staff and owner (Lorenso) are friendly, the meals are excellent and there's good snorkelling right in front of the guesthouse (there is also a dive resort next door). Rates are 300,000-400,000 pp/night including 3 meals but if you plan to stay longer you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate. I haven't been there in August so I'm not sure how busy it gets but if you want to enquire try this: www.lorensobunaken.com

Enjoy!

#3 intrepidstace has been a member since 15/6/2012. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.