Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

manado in August

• gingo3

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2012

Hi!
    I'm wondering about the Manado area (beaches, islands) in the middle of August. Is room availability really a problem then because of "the rich kids on summer holiday" as stated in another forum? We don't mind the upgrade to flashpacker and we are travelling with a nine-year-old, so it can even be a "nice" place. But we are budget backpackers at heart so we don't shy away from a little "rustic" either.
    We will fly to Jakarta so we are still open to all possibilities as to where to go, etc. Unfortunately we have only 3 1/2 weeks time. My husband would like to dive. Any suggestions out there?! thanks oooxxxooo

#1 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:08

• Advertisement

• traveloworld

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2012

Hi,
    There is no fix time for travel any country so just go ahead.

#2 Posted: 26/6/2012 - 04:58

• intrepidsta-
    ce

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2012

Hi

If you'd like to dive or snorkel Bunaken Island is worth a visit and a nice little island to stay on compared to the big noisy city of Manado. You can take a public ferry or charter a boat (1 hr) from Manado. There are a few dive ops on the island. I've stayed at Lorenso's guesthouse a couple of times and love it. The staff and owner (Lorenso) are friendly, the meals are excellent and there's good snorkelling right in front of the guesthouse (there is also a dive resort next door). Rates are 300,000-400,000 pp/night including 3 meals but if you plan to stay longer you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate. I haven't been there in August so I'm not sure how busy it gets but if you want to enquire try this: www.lorensobunaken.com

Enjoy!

#3 Posted: 12/8/2012 - 03:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.