Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali and Timor Etc

Posted by time2fly on 21/7/2012 at 17:58

I have a quick question in the early planning stages of my next trip. I did Thailand and Cambodia this past April. I am planning on doing Indonesia this time around. Bali is the top plan but I am looking at other ideas with that. I will probably have 3 weeks and like to see at least two countries when I travel. Should I focus on Indonesia only or are there any decent cheap flights to say the Philippines? I don;t mind staying in one country and actually I was thinking about checking out Timor while I am there. Anyone have anything on Timor?
Thanks all

#1 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112

Posted by mooball on 25/7/2012 at 21:55 TF writer

Not sure of the possibility of cheap flights to anywhere except singapore and Malaysia. With three weeks, you would be able to see a fair bit of Java and Bali. Or Lombok and Bali. Each of the islands is almost like a country in itself anyway.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by goonistik on 25/7/2012 at 23:13

It is possible to fly from Jakarta to Manila using Cebu Pac or Tiger Airways.

From Bali, you will transit either through SG or KL.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 30/7/2012 at 07:32

forget those 2 countries-just think of each island (and yes-it really looks like it in actual there) as a separate country. Many people think that 3 weeks in bali is not enough for most sights+some relaxation at end.

#4 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by time2fly on 8/8/2012 at 17:35

I am probably going to stick ith just Indo... Also Captain BKK, I dive so 3 weeks of diving in Bali is fine by me!!!

#5 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.