Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali and Timor Etc

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

I have a quick question in the early planning stages of my next trip. I did Thailand and Cambodia this past April. I am planning on doing Indonesia this time around. Bali is the top plan but I am looking at other ideas with that. I will probably have 3 weeks and like to see at least two countries when I travel. Should I focus on Indonesia only or are there any decent cheap flights to say the Philippines? I don;t mind staying in one country and actually I was thinking about checking out Timor while I am there. Anyone have anything on Timor?
    Thanks all

#1 Posted: 21/7/2012 - 17:58

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Not sure of the possibility of cheap flights to anywhere except singapore and Malaysia. With three weeks, you would be able to see a fair bit of Java and Bali. Or Lombok and Bali. Each of the islands is almost like a country in itself anyway.

#2 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 21:55

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

It is possible to fly from Jakarta to Manila using Cebu Pac or Tiger Airways.

From Bali, you will transit either through SG or KL.

#3 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 23:13

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

forget those 2 countries-just think of each island (and yes-it really looks like it in actual there) as a separate country. Many people think that 3 weeks in bali is not enough for most sights+some relaxation at end.

#4 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 07:32

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

I am probably going to stick ith just Indo... Also Captain BKK, I dive so 3 weeks of diving in Bali is fine by me!!!

#5 Posted: 8/8/2012 - 17:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.