Late Nite Arrival -- What to do?

• KhowNeow11

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2011
    Total reviews: 9
    Places visited:
    At least 49

Posted from within Vietnam.

My flight in to Jakarta from HCMC tomorrow night(procrastination?..) is due to land at 23:25, and while I'm in the process of confirming accommodation for the night, i'm hoping to get out of Jakarta as quickly as possible (with a final destination of pangandaran).

I've just discovered that there are buses to Bogor or Bandung directly from the airport, which is perfect for me, but by the time i arrive it seems all the routes will have suspended for the night. hence my predicament.

i'd rather not spend the money on a room and taxis to and from airport if i don't have to. Do i have any options? Does anyone familiar with the airport think there is somewhere post-baggage claim where i could sleep on my bags for a few hours until the buses start running again? is there a bus station that runs routes 24hrs (does this Kali Deres ring any bells?) that i could catch a taxi to and get going?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

#1 Posted: 7/9/2012 - 04:00

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

your name should read khao niauw.
    1.google for a site like sleepinginairports.
    2.Cengkareng-late in the day planes tend to be delayed more. use brains, If you arrive you MUST get visum, get out, collect luggage (takes 1 hr or so) or fear to be perceived as yet another terrorist. You cannot stay in the secured area.The airport is widely spaced, quite airy with various spread out terminals. You will not be able to sleep anywhere-expect to be constantly pestered, but its Ok to stay in some shop or cafe.
    3. DAMRI runs all buse sto airpt-yes, its MRI=Militer Rep. Indo, so leave youre childish boycot perceptions at home.taxis'from any airpt go on prepaid coupons, that cost about double meterfare and its 35 km into town.
    Best advice is to wait for first bus (should arr airpt before 5.00_ to GAMBIR stasyon, there catch 1st train out to Bandung. Bogor is only a detour, that brings you in a cul-de-sac. My guess is that when you arr Bdg you will be so tired that you head for the only cheap guesthouse=losmen anyway, which is close to the main stasyon. They will set you up in the travel (minibus, collect and set on demand and pre-reserved) next day.
    4.JKT has at least 4 giant busstasyons, for any direction, these are all open 24 hrs, but that does not mean buses to your place run 24 hrs You pay a tiny sum for entry. Much more as at airpt there will be no second without pesky touts and they are also more prone to theft etc. You make the choice.

#2 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 06:17

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Just for anyone else reading this in the future, Bogor is worth a trip and is easy to get to directly from airport. Bandung is also easily accessible directly from the airport via minibus. There are plenty of budget options in Bandung -- you just need to know where to look.

#3 Posted: 18/9/2012 - 09:37

• anif

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2012

I am Indonesian, better you find Damri bus in the airport, buy ticket to Terminal Kampung Rambutan only IDR 25.000. Ask someone on Damri (used to be they know, or someone around there the location of Perkasa Jaya pool(armadajayaperkasa@hotmail.com). If it not change they provide schedule: at 7 pm(business AC), 8 pm dan 9 pm(economy non-AC).
    if you on planning to Kalideres there are to 2 optional:
    1. Merdeka schedule 5.30 pm (economy non AC)
    2. Budiman not direct to Pangandaran used to be transfer to other small bus in Tasikmalaya (not recommend)

I am suggest better you sleep in the airport (not safe sleep in Kalideres or Rambutan) wait until morning, directly to Rambutan by Damri or going around in Jakarta, Find busway and go to Kampung Rambutan. Have a nice surfing in Pangandaran

#4 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Late Arrival to Noi Bai Airport ... By VanVan on 16 Oct 2007 2 2268 16 Oct 2007
late night arrival in Bangkok ... By soccermom on 30 Sep 2006 2 3229 2 Oct 2006
Late arrival in Phnom Penh ... By c676631 on 4 Jul 2014 1 553 5 Jul 2014
Best accomidations under $30 with a late flight arrival ... By sportyshannon on 23 Aug 2010 8 3552 6 Aug 2011
Visa on arrival late at night ... By cartolamagica on 10 Nov 2006 1 2267 10 Nov 2006
Bangkok Late Arrival - Transfer to Ko Tao ... By tristan99 on 30 Nov 2009 2 2861 6 Dec 2009