Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

5 weeks in Bali

• sausage19

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2012

I'm going to be spending 5 weeks in Bali starting in mid October and was wondering what an ideal itinerary would be. I'm up for anything and want to see as much of the island as possible. Any suggestions?

#1 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 23:25

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Five weeks will give you loads of time to explore all the nooks and crannies of Bali - esp if you hire a car or something to get around. Basically, you can navigate your way around the whole island, and up through the middle).

I would also take the opportunity to go to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida, small islands just off of Bali. They are well worth a visit. I've posted a bit about them in the past so have a search around. Also, you could think about heading to the Gili Islands for a week or so.

I wouldn't worry about planning an itinerary if you are really there for that long. Just take it as it comes. But maybe allow 3 weeks in Bali, 1 week in Lembongan/Penida and 1 week in the Gili's.

#2 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 04:40

• ericgsmith

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2012
    Location New Zealand

Depends entirely on what your into I guess. There is plenty to fill 5 weeks in the area. I'd definitely recommend one of the Gilis as a side trip. I'd also recommend climbing gunung rinjani and exploring the beaches on Lombok. Again it really depends on what scene your looking for.

#3 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 05:08

• Muggles01

Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2011

I agree with busylizzy - definitely spend at least a week on Nusa Lembongan. I was in Bali a couple of months ago and although I loved all of it I think if I go again I'll head straight to Nusa Lembongan. It does get a lot of daytrippers but was very chilled out. 5 weeks is ample though to explore the island in your own time - if you like a place hang around, if you don't, move on.

#4 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 05:38

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

be aware of need to get an advance VISA for this-normal visa on entry if for max 30 days.

#5 Posted: 5/10/2012 - 06:37

• mick10

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2012

You should look at going to Red Island in East Java, bueatiful untouched beach with fun beginner friendly waves and no crowds!

#6 Posted: 5/10/2012 - 20:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.