Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

last 3 days in Indonesia - what to do

• feiticeira

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

Hi,

I have about 5 days in total in Indonesia, the first two will be in Ubud , Bali (flying into DPS from Cambodia). I considered going to Kuta/Seminyak/Bukit Peninsula but opted to go for Ubud instead. I know the last 3 days aren't enough time to do a whole lot - flights are booked solid for seeing the orangutans in Kalimantan and I would not have enough time there to get back to Bali to catch my flight. I considered doing the Gili Islands but will also be doing a fair bit of beach time in Thailand prior. My other options are going over to see Komodos on Rinca Island and doing some snorkelling over there vs. trying to get to Kelimutu (but the 3D/2N) might cut me too close to my departure from DPS back to Canada. Can anyone recommend how best to use my last remaining let's say 2.5 days in Indonesia? I wish I had more time but this time around I don't lol.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 14:31

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Head up to Amed. It's a nice area, lots of places to stay and restaurants to choose from, but not packed out like Kuta. There is some OK snorkelling off the beach (find the shipwreck just off the beach). Or if the beach isn't your think, wander along some of the back roads to meet some friendly local people.

#2 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 19:13

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I'd just relax and spend all 5 in Ubud - especially if you've finished with beach time, get to know it a little better and you can always go spend the day at another part of the island, or rent a motorbike to careen about.

As a couple days isn't really much time I'd say one thing you could do is take a boat over to Lombok and climb Mt. Rinjani, that will eat up your time. They offer 2 day 1 night trips.

#3 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 00:00

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I should have read the first post better - I missed the point that you already did the beach thing.

Another alternative is to head over to Lembongan, a small island just off of Bali. THere is a boat that leaves Sanur around 10.30am and takes an hour I think to get there. Lembongan is a neat little island to explore, there are some nice places to stay (all budgets) and it's a great island to spend time walking around, or hire a motorbike and head over to Ceningan Island by crossing the bridge.

#4 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 00:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.