Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

April/May or June?

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

What month have you experienced the best weather in Indonesia?

I like heat and little rain... Thailand in April was perfect!!!! this year at least

#1 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 17:15

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Well, I was in Java/Bali/Lombok for June and found the weather was really pleasant. There was a little rain in Jakarta that took the pollution out of the air and made for some clear skies for a day or two - but after that I don't recall anything but a slight drizzle one morning on the Gilis. It wasn't too hot, and there was some cloud cover on intermittent days so you didn't feel backed. I traveled at the end of June and early July - around mid-July it was tougher to book train tickets around Jakarta and accommodation prices started to slope upwards.

#2 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 19:53

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Indo is so big and straddles the equator form some 2/3000Kms-thats too big to answer.I think that CP is confused in july when the ramadan started. But local school holidays do influence transport. Nearly all low-budget accomm. charges same year round.

#3 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:17

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Late July a lot of folks traveling on from Jakarta had trouble (couldn't) get tickets on trains.

#4 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 07:53

• undersky_on-
    thel

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2012

If you don't like the rain you should go on April.In this month you can get sun burn on your body.

#5 Posted: 28/11/2012 - 21:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.